WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Posts: 5058
Location: Charlotte, NC
You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

What is this shit called?

I am sure it is about adrenaline and stress and packaging all these 330 and 4pm Top 25 games in the course of ten minutes, but damn.

_________________
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9371
Location: Location.Location.Location
Ritterskoop wrote:
You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

What is this shit called?

I am sure it is about adrenaline and stress and packaging all these 330 and 4pm Top 25 games in the course of ten minutes, but damn.


Annoyance.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6333
Location: Montana
Beebs52 wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:
You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

What is this shit called?

I am sure it is about adrenaline and stress and packaging all these 330 and 4pm Top 25 games in the course of ten minutes, but damn.


Annoyance.


Pulsatile tinnitus? I googled it, not very carefully.

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Posts: 1707
Location: Knoxville, TN
Rap? :roll:

_________________
Jaybee


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6333
Location: Montana
jaybee wrote:
Rap? :roll:


That goes beyond annoyance, for me :lol:

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Ritterskoop wrote:
You know when you are sitting at the stoplight, and a car comes up beside you and the bass in the stereo is so loud that you feel it in your chest? There is even a tiny bit of in-and-out just above the sternum, like you are underwater or something?

What is this shit called?

I am sure it is about adrenaline and stress and packaging all these 330 and 4pm Top 25 games in the course of ten minutes, but damn.


Annoyance.


Pulsatile tinnitus? I googled it, not very carefully.

You're right, you weren't careful. That's tinnitus that is in sync with your pulse rate.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Posts: 5058
Location: Charlotte, NC
Learning stuff.

The area I am talking about is called the suprasternal notch or sometimes the jugular notch. It is the dip above the sternum between the collarbones.

Pic: https://www.earthslab.com/anatomy/jugul ... nal-notch/

I still don't know what to call the sensation.

_________________
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21971
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Ritterskoop wrote:
Learning stuff.

The area I am talking about is called the suprasternal notch or sometimes the jugular notch. It is the dip above the sternum between the collarbones.

Pic: https://www.earthslab.com/anatomy/jugul ... nal-notch/

I still don't know what to call the sensation.

Good vibrations?

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:33 pm
Posts: 2040
Location: Richmond VA
Such a sound system got an employee at a prior job fired. I kid you not.

Not because of the sound system, per se. But because the violator was a repeat offender of tardiness, and he always said he was in the bathroom (or something) at his starting time. The problem was that everyone in the building know when he pulled into the parking lot because of the sound system, including his boss, and it eventually caught up with him.

_________________
#ignorehashtags


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: what is this called?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4201
Location: Merion, Pa.
Here's something else that I've experienced since I was a kid, but didn't know what it was till I looked it up: tingling in my scalp when I concentrate deeply. It's a real thing, called autonomous sensory meridian response.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.