A story about jerk

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

A story about jerk

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm

The boys went to the OU Tex game this weekend. I know. Whatevs mumble...

So they stopped at Bucee's on way back and Jeff bought some tasty beef jerky, $22/pound.
It WAS good.

We had 2 bites and as we're sitting outside recapping...Dot ate it all. Half pound.

This is not good. Could backfire, literally.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: A story about jerk

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am

Dot seems to be fine after inhaling the jerky. No floor deposits.
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:24 am

On one hand, the meat part is what our pets should be eating more of. On the other, sometimes they put all kinds of spices in jerky, to preserve it and make it tasty -- this is what was making me nervous for Dot.

Thanks for the update.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 am

Ritterskoop wrote:On one hand, the meat part is what our pets should be eating more of. On the other, sometimes they put all kinds of spices in jerky, to preserve it and make it tasty -- this is what was making me nervous for Dot.

Thanks for the update.
I know! Plus it's all fibrous, chewy weird and what with her not actually chewing it...
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:48 am

Poor Dot -- It sounds like she'll be OK. The worst for you may be yet to come, though -- with Annie, it's the second day after she eats whatever it is that the blowouts occur. Ugh!

Here's hoping no blowouts.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am

This reminded me about when my dog ate two pounds of cheese that my girlfriend had left on the kitchen counter. :shock: Everything came out okay.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:09 am

SportsFan68 wrote:Poor Dot -- It sounds like she'll be OK. The worst for you may be yet to come, though -- with Annie, it's the second day after she eats whatever it is that the blowouts occur. Ugh!

Here's hoping no blowouts.
She pooped on her walk so fingers crossed
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:12 am

Bob Juch wrote:This reminded me about when my dog ate two pounds of cheese that my girlfriend had left on the kitchen counter. :shock: Everything came out okay.
Back in the day Beebs ate the paper bag full of Halloween candy and/or caramel and chocolate. Gave him hydro. perox to vomit, and it was a foamy mess. Worked. Oh. Ate glitter and face paint and laid the golden turd!
Well, then