The Triple Murder Suicide in North Dakota

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

The Triple Murder Suicide in North Dakota

#1 Post by Spock » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:36 pm

https://people.com/crime/north-dakota-m ... -deceased/

I just heard about this today-I have been out of the loop from ND news for a few days.

I knew Doug Dulmage (The Farmer) and from the story his family has been assured that he did not do the shooting.

I had a lot of classes with him the last 2 years of college and, oddly enough, he crosses my mind fairly often-more than you would expect.

We both graduated college in 1989 and he lives about 400 miles away.

The last time I saw him was an odd occurrence in about 1992 at the North Dakota State Library when I stopped there to look at books while Mrs Spock was shopping and he was there because his girlfriend was going to NDSU.

I am thinking about going to the funeral or the visitation-maybe see some old friends there.

I am thinking of writing something like this in the card (I don't know his wife).

>>>"I got to know Doug at NDSU. We had a lot of classes together the last 2 years of school. While it has been about 30 years since I saw him, he was one of those guys who crossed my mind more than you would expect and I never forgot about him. I enjoyed getting to know him at NDSU.

With Deepest Sympathy
The Spock Family (oddly enough he would have known me as Spock) but that isn't part of card.

silverscreenselect

Re: The Triple Murder Suicide in North Dakota

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:23 pm

I'm sorry to hear this, Spock. I hope you get the chance to express your condolences in person.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:05 am

This is terrible. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend Spock.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:05 am

I'm so sorry, Spock.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:26 am

Yikes. Condolences Spock.
Well, then

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Thanks for the condolences.

One of my curses (or blessings) is that I have a really really good memory for people and names and life events with them and when I last saw them and so forth.

Sometimes, it is party game to test Spock on this kind of stuff.

Anyway, I have been able to get ahold of several people who were in our group that had a lot of classes together the last 2 years of college just to let them know about it and make sure they realized their connection to the victim.

Commonly, they did not remember his name but when they saw his picture they recognized him.

One of the worst features of life is that you lose touch over the years with so many people that were important to you at various stages.

Like I said to my wife and daughter, besides the normal reasons for wanting to go to the funeral or wake-I kind of want to go as a symbol for all the old acquaintances of whose death I will never hear in time to attend a funeral.