Nikki Haley's resignation as UN Ambassador

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Ritterskoop

Nikki Haley's resignation as UN Ambassador

#1 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:54 am

I've spent all the time I plan to, trying to guess what comes next. Some options:

Sessions is out, Lindsey Graham gets his slot, Haley is appointed to fill Graham's term in the Senate.

OR

She is going to run against Trump in 2020.

The timing is very odd, just a few weeks before the midterm elections.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Ritterskoop

Re: Nikki Haley's resignation as UN Ambassador

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:01 am

At some point she said she is not running for President in 2020, but I don't think that was today.

We just love our Nikki in my workplace; we handled a small paper in Rock Hill for years, and now work on several other SC papers, and we were all kind of surprised when our little governor made the national scene, and did fairly well.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:34 am

Ritterskoop wrote:I've spent all the time I plan to, trying to guess what comes next. Some options:

Sessions is out, Lindsey Graham gets his slot, Haley is appointed to fill Graham's term in the Senate.

OR

She is going to run against Trump in 2020.

The timing is very odd, just a few weeks before the midterm elections.
Graham has ruled out accepting a position in the Administration. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 am

Maybe she'll run with Trump? Agree it's weird her resignation.
Well, then

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 am

Haley did an excellent job last month as Security Council president and hosting world leaders attending the General Assembly. I liked her when she was a governor too. I could support her for president.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am

I hope she's not ill.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 am

I guess this rumor turned out to be real news.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:41 am

Nikki Haley's resignation comes one day after an ethics watchdog requested an investigation into her acceptance of free flights on private jets

https://www.businessinsider.com/nikki-h ... ts-2018-10
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Nikki Haley's resignation comes one day after an ethics watchdog requested an investigation into her acceptance of free flights on private jets

It's disheartening, no wait, usual that I would question one of your citations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen ... Washington
Well, then

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Nikki Haley's resignation comes one day after an ethics watchdog requested an investigation into her acceptance of free flights on private jets

It's disheartening, no wait, usual that I would question one of your citations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen ... Washington
What are you questioning?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#11 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Bloomberg reports that Trump intends to nominate Heather Nauert, formerly of "Fox & Friends," for UN Ambassador. Quite a downgrade from Nikki Haley (not to mention George Bush and Adlai Stevenson). If she's confirmed, I doubt she'll be in the Cabinet.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#12 Post by jarnon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 pm

jarnon wrote:Bloomberg reports that Trump intends to nominate Heather Nauert, formerly of "Fox & Friends," for UN Ambassador. Quite a downgrade from Nikki Haley (not to mention George Bush and Adlai Stevenson). If she's confirmed, I doubt she'll be in the Cabinet.
Nauert also appeared in this post:
Bob78164 wrote:State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert: “We have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany. Looking back in the history books, today is the 71st anniversary of the speech that announced the Marshall Plan. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion.”

Perhaps someone might have explained to her that the D-Day invasion is probably not the best way to illustrate our strong ties with Germany. --Bob
Thankfully, she has withdrawn her nomination to be UN Ambassador.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:35 am

jarnon wrote:
jarnon wrote:Bloomberg reports that Trump intends to nominate Heather Nauert, formerly of "Fox & Friends," for UN Ambassador. Quite a downgrade from Nikki Haley (not to mention George Bush and Adlai Stevenson). If she's confirmed, I doubt she'll be in the Cabinet.
Bob78164 wrote:State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert: “We have a very strong relationship with the government of Germany. Looking back in the history books, today is the 71st anniversary of the speech that announced the Marshall Plan. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the D-Day invasion.”

Perhaps someone might have explained to her that the D-Day invasion is probably not the best way to illustrate our strong ties with Germany. --Bob
I wonder who's next. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

#14 Post by Ritterskoop » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:22 pm

We chatted about Haley again last night (I sit next to one of the national wire editors). We think Trump looked pleased after their meeting (when she stepped down as UN Ambassador) because she pledged not to challenge him in 2020. There was some curiosity if she would make a good VP candidate with him, but Pence seems to still be the guy.

I think she would be an interesting presidential candidate, down the road, but would prefer she gain a little more national experience, preferably in the House or Senate.
--------

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:We chatted about Haley again last night (I sit next to one of the national wire editors). We think Trump looked pleased after their meeting (when she stepped down as UN Ambassador) because she pledged not to challenge him in 2020. There was some curiosity if she would make a good VP candidate with him, but Pence seems to still be the guy.

I think she would be an interesting presidential candidate, down the road, but would prefer she gain a little more national experience, preferably in the House or Senate.
I bet somebody $5 the other day that Pence would not be the VP guy. Guess I better start saving . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 pm

jarnon wrote:

She had a "nanny problem."