May the best beisbols win

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

May the best beisbols win

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Go Stros!
Well, then

BackInTex

Re: May the best beisbols win

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:24 pm

I was wearing my Astros World Series Champions Polo this morning in the Calgary airport. I ran into a guy wearing a BoSox shirt and hat. He was going to the game(s). We were polite to each other. He would rather face LA than Milwaukee but we both agreed the Brewers would probably be in the series.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:49 pm

Plus central time games
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:54 pm

Rooting for the Brewers, because of the remaining teams, they seem to be in the postseason the least often.

But NL over AL, always. Pitchers should hit. It keeps them humble ... well, some of them.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Let's go Mets! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

I Love Decades!

#6 Post by I Love Decades! » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 pm

We here at Team Decades wish all four ball clubs the best of luck in the postseason and may the

Best
Spoiler

Beisbols
Spoiler

Win
Spoiler

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#7 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:53 pm

I Love Decades! wrote:We here at Team Decades wish all four ball clubs the best of luck in the postseason and may the

Best
Spoiler

Beisbols
Spoiler

Win
Spoiler

I'd say something, but I don't want to risk my Decades score being affected. For all I know, Angel Hernandez may be judging.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 pm

I Love Decades! wrote:We here at Team Decades wish all four ball clubs the best of luck in the postseason and may the

Best
Spoiler

Beisbols
Spoiler

Win
Spoiler
My decades score will suck anyway so...

YO MAMA!
Well, then

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 pm

In a cost savings move, media will reuse year-old content only having to change one letter.

Spoiler

Screw my Decades score. I wasn't gonna win anyway.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:31 pm

I guess I’d like at least one of the Dodgers or the Red Sox to win, so that 2015 will remain the only World Series that didn’t include at least one non-expansion team. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:31 am

Bob78164 wrote:I guess I’d like at least one of the Dodgers or the Red Sox to win, so that 2015 will remain the only World Series that didn’t include at least one non-expansion team. —Bob

I'd be pulling for Milwaukee and Houston anyway, but I think it would be neat to have a World Series with teams that used to represent the opposite league...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:30 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I guess I’d like at least one of the Dodgers or the Red Sox to win, so that 2015 will remain the only World Series that didn’t include at least one non-expansion team. —Bob

I'd be pulling for Milwaukee and Houston anyway, but I think it would be neat to have a World Series with teams that used to represent the opposite league...

lb13
I hadn’t thought about that but yes, that would be even more unique than Bob’s scenario. Plus both team used to be in the same division for several years.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
I hadn’t thought about that but yes, that would be even more unique than Bob’s scenario. Plus both team used to be in the same division for several years.
Houston was in the NL Central before it switched leagues? I didn't remember that. I'd have thought it was in the NL West. --Bob

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
Houston was in the NL Central before it switched leagues? I didn't remember that. I'd have thought it was in the NL West. --Bob
NL Central prior to Astros move to AL

Cardinals
Cubs
Brewers
Astros
Reds
Pirates

An unfair alignment with 6 teams while all others only had 5, except fo AL west having only 4.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:07 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

The Astros were in the old NL West from 1969-1993, then were relocated to the Central in 1994. The Astros have been in three different divisions at some point in their existence (And I'll bet get moved again when baseball finally adds another round of expansion)... but Milwaukee has actually been in four different divisions now... all three AL divisions (Since they started off as the Seattle Pilots, they were originally in the AL West) and the NL Central...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:26 am

mumblemumblemumble
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#17 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:19 am

Congrats y'all.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#18 Post by Vandal » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:18 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster