I wouldn't attend something in Saudi Arabia

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

I wouldn't attend something in Saudi Arabia

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:05 pm

if I was supposed to pick up Mega-Whatsit winnings there.

I'd like to avoid the bone-saw treatment.

jarnon

Re: I wouldn't attend something in Saudi Arabia

#2 Post by jarnon » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:46 pm

No worries, as a girl and a Jew, they wouldn't want you there anyway.

But you'd think just visiting one of their consulates wouldn't be dangerous.

Here's one good thing about the Kingdom: If you do get there, you can't drive, so this won't happen to you:
Saudi suspect in Khashoggi case ‘dies in car accident’
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Yeah, you have to wonder why people even take these hit squad jobs. They have to imagine the next hit will be them.

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm

NPR wrote:Just in: Emerging from a briefing by CIA Director Gina Haspel, top Senate Republicans said it’s clear that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was responsible for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:24 pm

jarnon wrote:
NPR wrote:Just in: Emerging from a briefing by CIA Director Gina Haspel, top Senate Republicans said it’s clear that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was responsible for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The problem is that we all know top republican leaders lie all the time. So, we're back where we started....
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:28 pm

And in other breaking news, the guy suspected of masterminding the poisoning of the Skripols, at Putin's order of course, is dead at 62 or something like that.

I recerntly heard an interview on Fresh Air with an author whose father lived in fear of a Mexican govt hit squad. Because the father had *refused* an assignment to kill someone. The killers everntually got the father.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm

ghostjmf wrote:And in other breaking news, the guy suspected of masterminding the poisoning of the Skripols, at Putin's order of course, is dead at 62 or something like that.
That news already broke here yesterday in jarnon's "RIH Igor Korobov" thread.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:01 pm

Estonut wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:And in other breaking news, the guy suspected of masterminding the poisoning of the Skripols, at Putin's order of course, is dead at 62 or something like that.
So it’s not really breaking, but it’s worth repeating here because a lot of “hit men” are dying mysteriously.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

_ARMENIAN_
Merry Man

#9 Post by _ARMENIAN_ » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:21 pm

jarnon wrote:
Estonut wrote:
So it’s not really breaking, but it’s worth repeating here because a lot of “hit men” are dying mysteriously.
There needs to be more transparency in the spy business!
Be nice to me or I'll unleash the hackers and virusers!