CDA

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

CDA

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:10 pm

For all its pretentiousness about being more progressive than the US, Canada does not seem to have an equivalence to the ADA. This is the second week I've spent in Calgary this month and there are many restrooms I've been in that a wheelchair could not use. In our office, is what would be a Class A building in the states, the men's restroom has two normal sized stalls, and a doorway that seems to be too narrow for a wheelchair.

But on the bright side, the hotels all didn't have to spend $20K on a rusting man-crane in case the 1 person every two or three years needing it might want to use it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

a1mamacat

Re: CDA

#2 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:38 pm

BackInTex wrote:For all its pretentiousness about being more progressive than the US, Canada does not seem to have an equivalence to the ADA. This is the second week I've spent in Calgary this month and there are many restrooms I've been in that a wheelchair could not use. In our office, is what would be a Class A building in the states, the men's restroom has two normal sized stalls, and a doorway that seems to be too narrow for a wheelchair.

But on the bright side, the hotels all didn't have to spend $20K on a rusting man-crane in case the 1 person every two or three years needing it might want to use it.
usually there would be dedicated washrooms, rather than all of them being accessible. For example, in my office building, 6 floors, there are accessible washrooms on the 3rd and 5th floors.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 am

BackInTex wrote:For all its pretentiousness about being more progressive than the US, Canada does not seem to have an equivalence to the ADA.
Further proof that Canadians are healthier than us Americans.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:14 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:For all its pretentiousness about being more progressive than the US, Canada does not seem to have an equivalence to the ADA.
Further proof that Canadians are healthier than us Americans.

I guess you think it proves that the folks in sub-Saharan Africa are healthier, too.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:28 am

a1mamacat wrote: usually there would be dedicated washrooms, rather than all of them being accessible. For example, in my office building, 6 floors, there are accessible washrooms on the 3rd and 5th floors.
Sounds like a more reasonable approach than an everything everyplace every time mentality.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 am

BackInTex wrote:
a1mamacat wrote: usually there would be dedicated washrooms, rather than all of them being accessible. For example, in my office building, 6 floors, there are accessible washrooms on the 3rd and 5th floors.
Sounds like a more reasonable approach than an everything everyplace every time mentality.
Unless you're someone like me who needs an accessible bathroom close to the workspace.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:08 pm

earendel wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Unless you're someone like me who needs an accessible bathroom close to the workspace.
Make sure you have a job on the third or fifth floor.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com