4 hours 5 min

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

4 hours 5 min

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Some people around here are counting

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: 4 hours 5 min

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

ghostjmf wrote:Some people around here are counting
Yeah baby!
Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:05 pm

For what?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 pm

BackInTex wrote:For what?
Mega power millions of balls?
Well, then

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:For what?
Mega power millions of balls?
The time wasn't right. 4 hours and 5 minutes after 3:05 CDT is 7:10 PM. I don't think they draw that early.

Maybe World Series. Is tonight the first game? Oh, yeah it is. 7:09 PM CDT. So that must be it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Oops. Guess I gave it up after...
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Good luck!
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:34 pm

ONE winner in South Carolina, a state in which you can remain anonymous.

I'm going to ask my representative to make that happen in Colorado. SteelersFan says it will never happen. Photos of those big checks held up by the winners (sometimes in front of their faces) encourage ticket sales.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:ONE winner in South Carolina, a state in which you can remain anonymous.

I'm going to ask my representative to make that happen in Colorado. SteelersFan says it will never happen. Photos of those big checks held up by the winners (sometimes in front of their faces) encourage ticket sales.
Prior to Texas allowing winners to stay anonymous, the big winners (the smart ones) would set up a trust and then have the trust claim the winnings, so the trust's lawyer would be the one holding up the big check. But you'd need to not sign the winning ticket until the trust was formed, and the trust would need to sign. There was a legal case recently where the winner signed the winning ticket, then formed the trust. The courts ruled the trust could claim to protect the identity of the winner.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Of course, I'm not eligible, but if I were, I would go public, just to see the reactions on people's faces when I still would use a two-fer to go out to dinner (I would go to more restaurants in the front of the coupon book, however).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jaybee

#11 Post by jaybee » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:30 pm

I would never go public on a big lottery win and would hold out to set up a trust first in any attempt to remain as anonymous as possible. Aside from the obvious scammers and untold numbers of old "friends" I would fear for the safety of my family. A lot of people would be willing to do a lot of bad stuff for a slice of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Although even with a trust to hide behind, all it will do is cut down on the numbers of whoever out there wants to get some of the money. There is no way to hid the location where the ticket was sold. A determined scammer can spend some time to research who in that area is doing things like buying a new home, cars etc.

If I were ever lucky enough to win a lottery, I'd really rather win one of the 'small' lottos that are only good for 40 or 50 million. Thanks to all the huge publicity from these record-breaking jackpots, those smaller lotto winners are soon forgotten.
Jaybee

Four Hour Stiffy
Merry Man

#12 Post by Four Hour Stiffy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:51 am

Five minutes is just about how long it would take me to seek emergency medical attention...
BOOOIIIIIINNNGGGGG!!!!!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#13 Post by Vandal » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

Wait a minute, this is supposed to be World Series thread.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster