Seems very quiet here about the bombs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Seems very quiet here about the bombs

#26 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 pm

BackInTex wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote: That is NOT polite. A turd is a lump of excrement. Stop saying turd and saying or thinking that it's a polite euphemism. It's not.
Turd can be a polite or even endearing euphemism. I hear it used both ways, often.
That subtlety is beyond me. A turd is a lump of excrement. Skoop says it -- "Words matter."

Since Saucy hasn't said anything, I'm sure she's taking it in the endearing sense because she believes that's the way you meant it.

This reminds me of the times I tried to get the local paper to stop printing photos of attractive young people smoking cigarettes. No success there either. I'll just go join my old buddy Sisyphus on the hill over there . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

a1mamacat

#27 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:35 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote: That is NOT polite. A turd is a lump of excrement. Stop saying turd and saying or thinking that it's a polite euphemism. It's not.
Turd can be a polite or even endearing euphemism. I hear it used both ways, often.
That subtlety is beyond me. A turd is a lump of excrement. Skoop says it -- "Words matter."

Since Saucy hasn't said anything, I'm sure she's taking it in the endearing sense because she believes that's the way you meant it.

This reminds me of the times I tried to get the local paper to stop printing photos of attractive young people smoking cigarettes. No success there either. I'll just go join my old buddy Sisyphus on the hill over there . . .
I tried to explain that my comment was intended about your president's attitude about it, not the peeps here, but it seems that was not accepted.

I think the smirking at the rally tonight validates my point.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#28 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:41 am

a1mamacat wrote:I tried to explain that my comment was intended about your president's attitude about it, not the peeps here, but it seems that was not accepted.

It wasn't accepted because you put the word "here" in the subject line. That can only be interpreted as this Bored or your current location. I was wondering why in the hell someone thought there weren't ENOUGH political posts on this Bored...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

silverscreenselect

#29 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:59 am

Another suspicious package addressed to CNN here in Atlanta has been intercepted at a postal facility. Since Wednesday, all mail addressed to any CNN office is being inspected off-site before delivery. On the outside, this package appears similar to some of the other mail bombs that I've seen pictures of. The CNN offices are right across Centennial Olympic Park from our office, and the postal facility where this was spotted is about a mile away. Police evacuated the building and cordoned off the area until the package could be checked out.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com