Rollin' rollin' rollin' - not Rawhide

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Rollin' rollin' rollin' - not Rawhide

#1 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Only in Houston

Usually drinking is involved but I think in this case the driver was only spooling.
I drive behind and beside trucks carrying these all the time. I'm always afraid this might happen.

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Rollin' rollin' rollin' - not Rawhide

#2 Post by Estonut » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:31 pm

BackInTex wrote:Only in Houston

Usually drinking is involved but I think in this case the driver was only spooling.
I drive behind and beside trucks carrying these all the time. I'm always afraid this might happen.

I wonder how it got off the truck. In the second video, it only fits under the bridge by a foot or two, so it had to be laying flat on the truck bed. How did it flip up by 90 degrees to get rolling? And what are the odds it would be pointed straight back down the roadway? Very strange!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:04 pm

Estonut wrote:I wonder how it got off the truck. In the second video, it only fits under the bridge by a foot or two, so it had to be laying flat on the truck bed. How did it flip up by 90 degrees to get rolling? And what are the odds it would be pointed straight back down the roadway? Very strange!
They usually are upright on the trucks If laid flat they are too wide. But yes, on a lowboy flatbed.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jaybee

#4 Post by jaybee » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:53 am

That's just the perspective view that makes it look so close. Probably closer to 3' to 4' or more clearance between the top of the roll and the underside of the bridge.
Jaybee