Good luck at the Wheelmobile today

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SpacemanSpiff

Good luck at the Wheelmobile today

#1 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:55 pm

The WoF Wheelmobile rolled into Richmond for a two-day visit. I went to the first session to try my luck.

I told the lady standing next to me to stay there, because the last time I went to a Wheelmobile event, four people next to me got called to play on stage. She gave me that look as if to say, "yeah, right."

She was the first one called.

And in the next round of name calling, I got called! Wahooo!!!

For those of you who aren't familiar, they take the potential contestants on stage five at a time, talk to each of them briefly, then play one game, a la the "speed-up round" after the final bell is rung on the show. Call a letter, then three seconds to guess, and on to the next one.

Our subject was "Around The House," and I managed to get the puzzle right, after calling for the "E" as below:

---ER T--LS

Spoiler
I blurted out "POWER TOOLS" just a nanosecond before the buzzer started!

So, I came home with some Wheel swag, and Sony and company have a Polaroid photo of me, and whatever footage they took of the event.

Maybe I get lucky and get a second round interview in a few months, maybe not. But it's better odds than I had 24 hours ago!

tlynn78

Re: Good luck at the Wheelmobile today

#2 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:55 am

Best of luck!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

triviawayne

Re: Good luck at the Wheelmobile today

#3 Post by triviawayne » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:44 pm

good luck on going all the way!

I've been through four sessions and have never been randomly drawn...I couldn't win a random drawing if I was the only entrant.