"Globalist" as a Right Wing Insult of Liberal Jews-per Jarno

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

"Globalist" as a Right Wing Insult of Liberal Jews-per Jarno

#1 Post by Spock » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:18 pm

I skimmed though and caught this and I decided put this in a different thread than the shooting one.

I disagree 100% with Jarnon that "Globalist" is an insult by right-wingers tied to liberal Jews.

A simple example from my life:

I subscribe to The Economist, even though I disagree almost 100% with its "Globalist" editorial mindset. For me, there is no other way to describe its editorial position than as "Globalist" and my characterization as such has nothing to do with Jews.

FWIW: the main reason I subscribe is for the little story gems about things like meat markets in Zambia and so forth.

jarnon

Re: "Globalist" as a Right Wing Insult of Liberal Jews-per J

#2 Post by jarnon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:08 am

Here’s an article about the far right’s hatred of Soros:
https://www.apnews.com/8efaa4870f184b448847f0300959750a

The idea of a Jewish conspiracy for world domination has been circulating in Europe for centuries, from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion to the opponents of Marx and Trotsky to Nazi propaganda to right-wingers in modern Poland, Hungary and Austria. OTOH, as Spock points out, “globalism” is also a legitimate political philosophy, and those who support or oppose it have no evil intention. Trump’s UN speech (which I listened to live) made it clear he opposes that kind of globalism. Since Trump isn’t an anti-Semite, maybe he read or heard on Fox that Soros is a globalist, so he used that word. It’s just inappropriate in the current climate.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:40 am

jarnon wrote: Since Trump isn’t an anti-Semite, maybe he read or heard on Fox that Soros is a globalist, so he used that word. It’s just inappropriate in the current climate.
It's funny how Trump somehow uses a lot of "innocent" phrases in his speeches that have been previously co-opted by right wing hate groups. It's one reason they identify with him so much.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:00 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote: Since Trump isn’t an anti-Semite, maybe he read or heard on Fox that Soros is a globalist, so he used that word. It’s just inappropriate in the current climate.
It's funny how Trump somehow uses a lot of "innocent" phrases in his speeches that have been previously co-opted by right wing hate groups. It's one reason they identify with him so much.
Thankfully he didn't use the term "termite", because that's O.K.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:53 pm

jarnon wrote:Here’s an article about the far right’s hatred of Soros:
https://www.apnews.com/8efaa4870f184b448847f0300959750a

The idea of a Jewish conspiracy for world domination has been circulating in Europe for centuries, from The Protocols of the Elders of Zion to the opponents of Marx and Trotsky to Nazi propaganda to right-wingers in modern Poland, Hungary and Austria. OTOH, as Spock points out, “globalism” is also a legitimate political philosophy, and those who support or oppose it have no evil intention. Trump’s UN speech (which I listened to live) made it clear he opposes that kind of globalism. Since Trump isn’t an anti-Semite, maybe he read or heard on Fox that Soros is a globalist, so he used that word. It’s just inappropriate in the current climate.
You do realize that the Pittsburg shooter was railing about trump being a globalist, right?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:41 pm

BackInTex wrote: Thankfully he didn't use the term "termite", because that's O.K.
Louis Farrakhan is not the President of the United States. We should hold the President to a higher standard of conduct.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com