WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:50 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4332
CELEBRITY WEEK - LAS VEGAS

Paul Shaffer

On yesterday's show Paul reached the $5,000 level. He's playing for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. He has all three lifelines.

$7000: At a recent Las Vegas charity auction, an original watercolor painting by Britney Spears fetched $10,000 from what "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" host?
A - Rupert Murdoch
B - Bill Gates
C - Jeff Bezos
D - Robin Leach

Paul said if he had known about the auction he would have paid twice as much.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Robin Leach)


$10,000: According to The Historical Dictionary of the Fashion Industry, which of the following typically come in sizes ranging from about 6 1/4 to 8?
A - shoes
B - dresses
C - eyeglasses
D - hats
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (hats)

commercial break

$20,000: Time Machine Time: The Titanic sinks, Fenway Park opens in Boston, and movie producer Carl Laemmle founds what would become Universal Studios, all in what year?
A - 1903
B - 1912
C - 1920
D - 1931

Paul thinks that Universal opened in the 20s or 30s. He has no idea on the dates of the others so he opts to use his 50:50.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & B

That doesn't help much, but he doesn't think Universal has been around since 1903, so he makes B his final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (1912)

commercial break

$30,000: Of all the 50 U.S. states, there is only one that gets its name from what?
A - a Native American word
B - a European royal
C - a Spanish word
D - a U.S. president

Paul this is a tough one. He is Canadian by birth and just recently became a U.S. citizen. This wasn't on the citizenship test. He decides to call his +1, Eric, his manager, who is sort of a history buff. Eric knows that Georgia and the Carolinas are named for European royals and there are several states with names drawn from Native American languages. He thinks it's either C or D. They decide to ask the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 7%
B - 2%
C - 4%
D - 87%

Paul wonders if they should trust the audience; Eric says they're mostly American. The audience response is a high percentage. It's a risk/reward game. Paul doesn't want to risk the money; he's happy with the $20,000. After more discussion Paul decides to walk away.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (a U.S. president)

commercial break

MILLIONAIRE "QUESTION OF THE DAY": Because she thinks it makes her voice sound better, what pop star reportedly recorded her album, ARTPOP, in the nude?
A - Katy Perry
B - Pink
C - Lady Gaga
D - Nicki Minaj
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (Lady Gaga)


Paul Shaffer (audience contestant)
New York City
bandleader


$1000: In certain weather conditions, when "avoidance" isn't possible, VetStreet.com recommends using zinc oxide-free what on your dog?
A - galoshes
B - sunscreen
C - deodorant
D - earmuffs
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (sunscreen)


Paul adds another $1,000 to his winnings for breast cancer research.


Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 7186
So far so good


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:38 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12632
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
CELEBRITY WEEK - LAS VEGAS

Paul Shaffer

On yesterday's show Paul reached the $5,000 level. He's playing for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. He has all three lifelines.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$30,000: Of all the 50 U.S. states, there is only one that gets its name from what?
A - a Native American word
B - a European royal
C - a Spanish word
D - a U.S. president

Paul this is a tough one. He is Canadian by birth and just recently became a U.S. citizen. This wasn't on the citizenship test. He decides to call his +1, Eric, his manager, who is sort of a history buff. Eric knows that Georgia and the Carolinas are named for European royals and there are several states with names drawn from Native American languages. He thinks it's either C or D. They decide to ask the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 7%
B - 2%
C - 4%
D - 87%

Paul wonders if they should trust the audience; Eric says they're mostly American. The audience response is a high percentage. It's a risk/reward game. Paul doesn't want to risk the money; he's happy with the $20,000. After more discussion Paul decides to walk away.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (a U.S. president)

It's a shame that Paul didn't go for it. But he gets a 2nd bite of the apple.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Paul Shaffer
New York City
bandleader


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$1000: In certain weather conditions, when "avoidance" isn't possible, VetStreet.com recommends using zinc oxide-free what on your dog?
A - galoshes
B - sunscreen
C - deodorant
D - earmuffs
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (sunscreen)


Paul adds another $1,000 to his winnings for breast cancer research.

No surprise, the questions for celebrities aren't that difficult.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob78164, earendel, flockofseagulls104 and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.