WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:52 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4332
Linda Altieri
Crestwood, FL
retired


$500: What is the official state dance of Hawaii?
A - the Hokey Pokey
B - the Robot
C - the Hula
D - the "Thriller" dance
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: C (the Hula)


$1000: Who of the following is NOT known for wearing the letter "A" on his or her clothing?
A - Captain America
B - Alvin the Chipmunk
C - Hester Prynn in "The Scarlet Letter"
D - Adam from the Bible
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Adam from the Bible)


$2000: According to do-it-yourselfer website BobVila.com, if you want your candles to last longer, you should put them in what for a while?
A - the freezer
B - the oven
C - the blender
D - the DVD player
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: A (the freezer)


$3000: Rhyming with a hairstyle associated with good ol' boys, a bald head with long hair in the back is commonly called wht?
A - headlocks
B - skullet
C - fuzz cut
D - fauxhawk
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (skullet)


$5000: The mascot for the NFL team of which of these cities is a horse named Miles?
A - Cincinnati
B - Buffalo
C - Baltimore
D - Denver

Linda immediately says it's the Denver Broncos, but then thinks of the Baltimore Colts. She decides to ask the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 0%
B - 0%
C - 2%
D - 98%

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Denver)

commercial break

Linda is 72 and a couple years ago she went paragliding in the Alps. It was awesome. Now she'd like to RV across the country.

$7000: Thirty-five years after his infamous crime, who was released back into society in 2016, under orders to live with his mother in her Virginia home for at least a year?
A - Ted Bundy
B - John Hinkley
C - David Berkowitz
D - Bernhard Goetz

Linda knows it's not A or D.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (John Hinkley)


$10,000: In April 2018, who set a new record for solo female artists by having 13 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously, including "I Like It" and "Finesse"?
A - Dua Lipa
B - Cardi B
C - Camila Cabello
D - Nicki Minaj

"Dear me," Linda breathes as Chris reads the question. She decides to ask her +1, her niece Amy. Amy doesn't know, she's sorry to say. She only knows who B and D are. They decide to use the 50:50 to see what's left.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & B

Linda goes with B.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (Cardi B)

commercial break

Linda drove her RV here from Florida.

$20,000: The name of what South American country's capital roughly translates to English as "I see a mountain".
A - Peru
B - Venezuela
C - Chile
D - Uruguay

Once again, Linda says she has no idea. She decides to take a wild guess. Venezuela is calling her for some reason, so she makes that her final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Uruguay)


MILLIONAIRE "QUESTION OF THE DAY": Which of these international cuisines is traditionally served atop pancake-like bread called "injera"?
A - Vietnamese
B - Ethiopian
C - Turkish
D - Indian
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (Ethiopian)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 7186
10K: ATA


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12632
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Linda Altieri
Crestwood, FL
retired


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$5000: The mascot for the NFL team of which of these cities is a horse named Miles?
A - Cincinnati
B - Buffalo
C - Baltimore
D - Denver

Linda immediately says it's the Denver Broncos, but then thinks of the Baltimore Colts. She decides to ask the audience.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Ask the Audience results:
A - 0%
B - 0%
C - 2%
D - 98%

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Denver)

It's not the Colts any more, it's the Ravens.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$10,000: In April 2018, who set a new record for solo female artists by having 13 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously, including "I Like It" and "Finesse"?
A - Dua Lipa
B - Cardi B
C - Camila Cabello
D - Nicki Minaj

"Dear me," Linda breathes as Chris reads the question. She decides to ask her +1, her niece Amy. Amy doesn't know, she's sorry to say. She only knows who B and D are. They decide to use the 50:50 to see what's left.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
"50:50 results": A & B

Linda goes with B.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: B (Cardi B)

I guessed right when I saw the answers, but at the podium I would have used ATA.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$20,000: The name of what South American country's capital roughly translates to English as "I see a mountain".
A - Peru
B - Venezuela
C - Chile
D - Uruguay

Once again, Linda says she has no idea. She decides to take a wild guess. Venezuela is calling her for some reason, so she makes that her final answer.
[Reveal] Spoiler:
Answer: D (Uruguay)

Lima, Caracas, Santiago, Montevideo.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maƫl Soucaze.