WWTBAM Bored
http://wwtbambored.com/

Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56826
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Bob78164 [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

As this story explains, a review of the docket of the United States Court of Appeal for the D.C. Circuit makes it appear very likely that Donny is currently appealing an order from the United States District Court for the District of Columbia issuing a subpoena requiring Donny to appear and testify before a grand jury. The author of the story is absolutely right about the breakneck speed with which the case he describes is proceeding. --Bob

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

That's nothing compared to the blizzard of subpoenas that will start flying around the first of January when the new House (and hopefully Senate as well) is sworn in.

Author:  jarnon [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

silverscreenselect wrote:
That's nothing compared to the blizzard of subpoenas that will start flying around the first of January when the new House (and hopefully Senate as well) is sworn in.
This is speculation. Mueller is keeping very quiet around election time (unlike some investigators in 2016). But from what we know from before October, he (along with federal and state prosecutors in New York) have already questioned most of Trump's inner circle.

Author:  Bob78164 [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
That's nothing compared to the blizzard of subpoenas that will start flying around the first of January when the new House (and hopefully Senate as well) is sworn in.
This is speculation. Mueller is keeping very quiet around election time (unlike some investigators in 2016). But from what we know from before October, he (along with federal and state prosecutors in New York) have already questioned most of Trump's inner circle.
It's not speculation. It's informed inference based on the docket and other evidence laid out in the article. It may not be right, but I can't think of another plausible explanation for the D.C. Circuit's remarkably quick action with respect to the District Court's order. --Bob

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
That's nothing compared to the blizzard of subpoenas that will start flying around the first of January when the new House (and hopefully Senate as well) is sworn in.
This is speculation. Mueller is keeping very quiet around election time (unlike some investigators in 2016). But from what we know from before October, he (along with federal and state prosecutors in New York) have already questioned most of Trump's inner circle.


These subpoenas would be coming from Congressional inquiries.

Author:  jarnon [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
That's nothing compared to the blizzard of subpoenas that will start flying around the first of January when the new House (and hopefully Senate as well) is sworn in.
This is speculation. Mueller is keeping very quiet around election time (unlike some investigators in 2016). But from what we know from before October, he (along with federal and state prosecutors in New York) have already questioned most of Trump's inner circle.
It's not speculation. It's informed inference based on the docket and other evidence laid out in the article. It may not be right, but I can't think of another plausible explanation for the D.C. Circuit's remarkably quick action with respect to the District Court's order. --Bob
No, Bob, I'm agreeing with you. The speculation is SSS's "that's nothing." I predict that the House Democrats will find little that Mueller doesn't already know about. But there are plenty of House committees and lots of other officials they can investigate: Wilbur Ross, Mulvaney, Mnuchin, Zinke, DeVos, etc.

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
I predict that the House Democrats will find little that Mueller doesn't already know about.


But they can make a lot of information public that Mueller can't simply by holding public hearings. And that's especially true if Trump tries to get rid of Mueller after the election.

Author:  Bob78164 [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
This is speculation. Mueller is keeping very quiet around election time (unlike some investigators in 2016). But from what we know from before October, he (along with federal and state prosecutors in New York) have already questioned most of Trump's inner circle.
It's not speculation. It's informed inference based on the docket and other evidence laid out in the article. It may not be right, but I can't think of another plausible explanation for the D.C. Circuit's remarkably quick action with respect to the District Court's order. --Bob
No, Bob, I'm agreeing with you. The speculation is SSS's "that's nothing." I predict that the House Democrats will find little that Mueller doesn't already know about. But there are plenty of House committees and lots of other officials they can investigate: Wilbur Ross, Mulvaney, Mnuchin, Zinke, DeVos, etc.
Ah, I misunderstood you.

I do suspect House Democrats will find lots to investigate, starting with violations of the Emoluments Clause, that Mueller hasn't looked into because he considers it outside his mandate. --Bob

Author:  Bob78164 [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:
I predict that the House Democrats will find little that Mueller doesn't already know about.


But they can make a lot of information public that Mueller can't simply by holding public hearings. And that's especially true if Trump tries to get rid of Mueller after the election.
Starting with Donny's tax returns. It's about time we found out what he's been hiding. --Bob

Author:  flockofseagulls104 [ Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

You're all wrong. He subpoenaed Hillary.

Author:  jarnon [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

This is undoubtedly a different case, since the names involved don't match, but I'm sure Bob will be intrigued:

Supreme Court Blocks Commerce Secretary Questioning In Census Lawsuits, For Now

This line caught my eye, for its hypocrisy and astounding chutzpah:
Quote:
The administration argues the Justice Department's civil rights division, currently led by Gore, needs the question on citizenship in the census in order to better enforce the Voting Rights Act protections against racial discrimination.

Author:  BackInTex [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
This is undoubtedly a different case, since the names involved don't match, but I'm sure Bob will be intrigued:

Supreme Court Blocks Commerce Secretary Questioning In Census Lawsuits, For Now

This line caught my eye, for its hypocrisy and astounding chutzpah:
Quote:
The administration argues the Justice Department's civil rights division, currently led by Gore, needs the question on citizenship in the census in order to better enforce the Voting Rights Act protections against racial discrimination.


I find it extremely illogical for the census to NOT ask about citizenship.

Author:  earendel [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
This is undoubtedly a different case, since the names involved don't match, but I'm sure Bob will be intrigued:

Supreme Court Blocks Commerce Secretary Questioning In Census Lawsuits, For Now

This line caught my eye, for its hypocrisy and astounding chutzpah:
Quote:
The administration argues the Justice Department's civil rights division, currently led by Gore, needs the question on citizenship in the census in order to better enforce the Voting Rights Act protections against racial discrimination.


I find it extremely illogical for the census to NOT ask about citizenship.

Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution mandates the census in order to apportion the number of representatives for each state (as well as taxation). The 14th Amendment (yes, the same one that grants "birthright citizenship"), Section 2, says that "the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed" are to be counted. It says nothing about counting only citizens.

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

earendel wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
This is undoubtedly a different case, since the names involved don't match, but I'm sure Bob will be intrigued:

Supreme Court Blocks Commerce Secretary Questioning In Census Lawsuits, For Now

This line caught my eye, for its hypocrisy and astounding chutzpah:


I find it extremely illogical for the census to NOT ask about citizenship.

Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution mandates the census in order to apportion the number of representatives for each state (as well as taxation). The 14th Amendment (yes, the same one that grants "birthright citizenship"), Section 2, says that "the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed" are to be counted. It says nothing about counting only citizens.


The only rationale in the Constitution for asking more detailed questions about the people living in the US was the provisions about slaves counting 3/5 of a person for the purposes of representation in the House. That went away when slavery was abolished.

Author:  BackInTex [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

earendel wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
This is undoubtedly a different case, since the names involved don't match, but I'm sure Bob will be intrigued:

Supreme Court Blocks Commerce Secretary Questioning In Census Lawsuits, For Now

This line caught my eye, for its hypocrisy and astounding chutzpah:


I find it extremely illogical for the census to NOT ask about citizenship.

Article 1, Section 2 of the Constitution mandates the census in order to apportion the number of representatives for each state (as well as taxation). The 14th Amendment (yes, the same one that grants "birthright citizenship"), Section 2, says that "the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed" are to be counted. It says nothing about counting only citizens.


Where did I say only count citizens? I did not.

Citizenship status is as important, and in my opinion more important, than the other demographic information collected.

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

BackInTex wrote:
Citizenship status is as important, and in my opinion more important, than the other demographic information collected.


And the reason for not asking about citizenship is because people are less likely to answer questions accurately if they are essentially being asked to incriminate themselves or a family member.

Author:  Estonut [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Citizenship status is as important, and in my opinion more important, than the other demographic information collected.
And the reason for not asking about citizenship is because people are less likely to answer questions accurately if they are essentially being asked to incriminate themselves or a family member.
"Incriminate" implies they've committed crimes. I thought you just considered them "undocumented."

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

Estonut wrote:
"Incriminate" implies they've committed crimes. I thought you just considered them "undocumented."


It doesn't matter what I consider them. It matters what the people taking the census, who represent Donald Trump's federal government consider them.

Author:  flockofseagulls104 [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:
"Incriminate" implies they've committed crimes. I thought you just considered them "undocumented."


It doesn't matter what I consider them. It matters what the people taking the census, who represent Donald Trump's federal government consider them.


Silly me. I thought it was the LAW that determined those kinds of things.*



Footnotes:
* Hannity 3/4/18, Bitebart 4/10/17, Fox News 7/10/16, All other sources that can be ignored because they are not approved of by liberal thought police.

Author:  jarnon [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:
"Incriminate" implies they've committed crimes. I thought you just considered them "undocumented."


It doesn't matter what I consider them. It matters what the people taking the census, who represent Donald Trump's federal government consider them.


Silly me. I thought it was the LAW that determined those kinds of things.
You're right, the law says the folks we call "undocumented" are in our country illegally.

The law also says census data can't be shared with other agencies like ICE. But many aliens don't know this, or distrust the federal government as a whole.

The law also says Trump can't exclude whole classes of people from the 14th Amendment, or order troops to shoot foreigners at the border, but Trump still makes these threats, to rally his supporters and annoy the opposition. Until the whole immigration mess is fixed, these political games will go on.

Author:  BackInTex [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

It doesn't matter what I consider them. It matters what the people taking the census, who represent Donald Trump's federal government consider them.


Silly me. I thought it was the LAW that determined those kinds of things.
You're right, the law says the folks we call "undocumented" are in our country illegally.

The law also says census data can't be shared with other agencies like ICE. But many aliens don't know this, or distrust the federal government as a whole.

The law also says Trump can't exclude whole classes of people from the 14th Amendment, or order troops to shoot foreigners at the border, but Trump still makes these threats, to rally his supporters and annoy the opposition. Until the whole immigration mess is fixed, these political games will go on.


What law says our military can't defend our borders from an invading force of domestic or foreign people? That would be a pretty stupid law. Serious question.

I believe the Coast Guard has done it numerous times.

Author:  silverscreenselect [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

BackInTex wrote:

What law says our military can't defend our borders from an invading force of domestic or foreign people? That would be a pretty stupid law. Serious question.

I believe the Coast Guard has done it numerous times.


We sent troops into Mexico after Pancho Villa before World War I (with mixed success), but it's ridiculous to consider these families in the caravan as an "invading force." That is unless you're Donald Trump trying to stir up anti-immigrant and anti-Hispanic sentiment as an 11th hour political ploy It's interesting that Republican candidates in battleground states of Nevada and Arizona, who theoretically would be among the most at risk in the event of an actual invasion from the south, asked Trump not to show up in their states for a rally this week.

Author:  jarnon [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

What law says our military can't defend our borders from an invading force of domestic or foreign people? That would be a pretty stupid law. Serious question.

I believe the Coast Guard has done it numerous times.


We sent troops into Mexico after Pancho Villa before World War I (with mixed success), but it's ridiculous to consider these families in the caravan as an "invading force."
This is what Republicans are afraid of:


Author:  BackInTex [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

What law says our military can't defend our borders from an invading force of domestic or foreign people? That would be a pretty stupid law. Serious question.

I believe the Coast Guard has done it numerous times.


We sent troops into Mexico after Pancho Villa before World War I (with mixed success), but it's ridiculous to consider these families in the caravan as an "invading force."
This is what Republicans are afraid of:



Nope, but you can keep putting your head in the sand and pretend that it is.

Author:  Bob78164 [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mueller Has (Probably) Subpoenaed Donny

BackInTex wrote:
jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

We sent troops into Mexico after Pancho Villa before World War I (with mixed success), but it's ridiculous to consider these families in the caravan as an "invading force."
This is what Republicans are afraid of:



Nope, but you can keep putting your head in the sand and pretend that it is.
Well, that's the view of the Pentagon so I guess we're in good company. --Bob

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/