WWTBAM Bored
http://wwtbambored.com/

Transcript 10/24/18 Katie Champlain
http://wwtbambored.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56834
Page 1 of 1

Author:  BBTranscriptTeam [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Transcript 10/24/18 Katie Champlain

Katie Champlain
Radiologic technologist
Oak Lawn, Ill.


$500
SeriousEats.com says if you want to make hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel, after cooking, you should give them a good shock. How?
A: Hook them up to your car’s jumper cables B: Tell them they were adopted
C: Put them in ice water for 15 minutes D: Strip down to just your oven mitts

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Put them in ice water for 15 minutes


$1,000
With many of them based in Washington, D.C., a group of people organized to study and provide advice on a policy issue is commonly called a what?
A: Gas tank B: Think tank
C: Dunk tank D: Septic tank

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Think tank


$2,000
With an ocean shoreline about ten miles long, the name of which of these cities translates to “sheltered harbor” or “protected bay”?
A: Honolulu B: Phoenix
C: Indianapolis D: Oklahoma City

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Honolulu


$3,000
In their biography titled “Outrageous!”, what famous athlete quips, “I don’t hate anyone, at least not for more than 48 minutes, barring overtime”?
A: Tiger Woods B: Charles Barkley
C: Mike Tyson D: Venus Williams

Katie knows a basketball game is 48 minutes long.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Charles Barkley


$5,000
Which of these animals is the only one that’s extant?
A: Pterodactyl B: Giant panda
C: Woolly mammoth D: Dodo

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Giant panda


Commercial break

$7,000
If you’re wearing a bracelet that’s made of 50% pure gold, how many karats is it?
A: 7 karats B: 9 karats
C: 12 karats D: 16 karats

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: 12 karats


$10,000
Running for a combined 25 seasons, which pair of hit TV shows premiered within days of each other in September 1994?
A: The Simpsons and The X-Files B: Friends and ER
C: Seinfeld and The West Wing D: Frasier and Law & Order

[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 leaves B & C.
Katie knows Friends started in 1994.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Friends and ER


$20,000
The Flam Paradiddle, Triple Ratamacue and Drag Ruff are three of the forty rudiments — or building blocks — you’ll need to master in order to become a what?
A: Drummer B: Ping-pong champion
C: Professional wrestler D: Magician

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 59% B: 19% C: 9% D: 13%
That’s where Katie was leaning.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Drummer


Commercial break

$30,000
James Wood Johnson and Edward Mead Johnson — the namesakes of pharmaceutical giant Johnson & Johnson — were of what relation to each other?
A: Cousins B: Father and son
C: Brothers D: No relation

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
Katie’s dad Richard doesn’t know. He says their middle names could be mothers’ maiden names, so they’re probably not brothers. Katie nevertheless answers brothers.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Brothers


Commercial break

QotD
In a scene from “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,” Indy and friends are served all but which of these unusual dishes?
A: Tongue salad B: Chilled monkey brains
C: Eyeball soup D: Snake surprise

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Tongue salad


$50,000
In 1933, when Eleanor Roosevelt became the first First Lady to hold a press conference, she insisted that all the reporters attending be what?
A: Democrats B: From the Washington Post
C: Female D: Teetotalers

Katie says female is a logical choice, but there weren’t a lot of female reporters in 1933. She doesn’t remember what teetotalers are. She walks away.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Female
Katie wins $30,000.

Author:  ghostjmf [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 10/24/18 Katie Champlain

3K: B only sport w/ time limit

10K Didn't watch either of A, for all others watched 1 of pair. And I didn't start watching ER until about 1-1/2 years in. +1

Author:  Estonut [ Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 10/24/18 Katie Champlain

ghostjmf wrote:
3K: B only sport w/ time limit
Boxing rounds are also timed.

Author:  SportsFan68 [ Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 10/24/18 Katie Champlain

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Katie Champlain
Radiologic technologist
Oak Lawn, Ill.


$500
SeriousEats.com says if you want to make hard-boiled eggs that are easy to peel, after cooking, you should give them a good shock. How?
A: Hook them up to your car’s jumper cables B: Tell them they were adopted
C: Put them in ice water for 15 minutes D: Strip down to just your oven mitts

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Put them in ice water for 15 minutes


I accidentally boiled some eggs for 30 minutes. Shock and all, they were still very difficult to peel.

Quote:
$7,000
If you’re wearing a bracelet that’s made of 50% pure gold, how many karats is it?
A: 7 karats B: 9 karats
C: 12 karats D: 16 karats

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: 12 karats

ATA.

Author:  earendel [ Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Transcript 10/24/18 Katie Champlain

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Katie Champlain
Radiologic technologist
Oak Lawn, Ill.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$1,000
With many of them based in Washington, D.C., a group of people organized to study and provide advice on a policy issue is commonly called a what?
A: Gas tank B: Think tank
C: Dunk tank D: Septic tank
[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Think tank

I'd argue that some of them are septic tanks :mrgreen:

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$10,000
Running for a combined 25 seasons, which pair of hit TV shows premiered within days of each other in September 1994?
A: The Simpsons and The X-Files B: Friends and ER
C: Seinfeld and The West Wing D: Frasier and Law & Order
[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 leaves B & C.
Katie knows Friends started in 1994.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Friends and ER

I'd have to burn lifelines on this one.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/