I'm Outta Here!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

I'm Outta Here!

#1 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 am

Not here, but that is what I told my "boss" yesterday. "Boss" in quotes because I don't really know who my boss is/was.

I accepted a new job yesterday and my last day at this one is next Friday.

I will be on the road a lot with this new job, most of it in Wisconsin. I will need to buy some warm clothes. They don't really sell that here. My first trip there I guess I'll try to find some stuff (coat, gloves, hat?).
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

Re: I'm Outta Here!

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:03 am

Congrats!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 am

Congratulations! I hope the new job goes well.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:23 am

Congrats! I hope the new job won't keep you away from the Bored. I'd hate it if the only people I had to argue with were Flock and Esto.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:37 am

BackInTex wrote:I will be on the road a lot with this new job, most of it in Wisconsin. I will need to buy some warm clothes. They don't really sell that here. My first trip there I guess I'll try to find some stuff (coat, gloves, hat?).

You'll probably need all that on your first trip. It gets way down into the 50's up there in October....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 am

Whoo hoo!
Well, then

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 am

BackInTex wrote:Not here, but that is what I told my "boss" yesterday. "Boss" in quotes because I don't really know who my boss is/was.

I accepted a new job yesterday and my last day at this one is next Friday.

I will be on the road a lot with this new job, most of it in Wisconsin. I will need to buy some warm clothes. They don't really sell that here. My first trip there I guess I'll try to find some stuff (coat, gloves, hat?).
Congratulations! I'm up for a new job in a suburb of Milwaukee but will have to spend just the first couple of weeks there before returning to work from my sofa. I think a similar job in New Jersey will come through first, however.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am

Bob Juch wrote: Congratulations! I'm up for a new job in a suburb of Milwaukee.
Maybe you and BiT could become roomies. There's got to be a TV series in there somewhere.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:57 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Congratulations! I'm up for a new job in a suburb of Milwaukee.
Maybe you and BiT could become roomies. There's got to be a TV series in there somewhere.
Fortunately for both of us (and our neighbors) there will be more than 200 miles between us.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#10 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am

Awesome. Congrats!!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#11 Post by Vandal » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:05 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

CB Bucknor
Merry Man

#12 Post by CB Bucknor » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 am

Yeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr outta here!!!!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr outta here!!!!!!

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:16 am

I got the better contract! I'll be starting Oct. 8 if the paperwork gets done quickly. I'll be spending two or three weeks in Frankin Lakes, NJ at the start before returning to my sofa.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#14 Post by Estonut » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I got the better contract! I'll be starting Oct. 8 if the paperwork gets done quickly. I'll be spending two or three weeks in Frankin Lakes, NJ at the start before returning to my sofa.
You might want to learn how to spell it correctly...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I got the better contract! I'll be starting Oct. 8 if the paperwork gets done quickly. I'll be spending two or three weeks in Frankin Lakes, NJ at the start before returning to my sofa.
You might want to learn how to spell it correctly...
No, I might want to have therapy for my hand so I can type what I want to.

I signed the contract; I start on the 8th.

lilclyde54

#16 Post by lilclyde54 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:04 pm

Congratulations on the new job. Based in Wisconsin, I hope you love cheese at least half as much as I do.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

MarleysGh0st

#17 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:32 pm

Congratulations, BIW!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Congratulations, BiT -- hope everything works out just the way you want it to.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:24 pm

One day more
Another day, another destiny
This never-ending road to Calvary
These men who seem to know my crime
Will surely come a second time
One day more

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. I start Monday with my new company, and it will be spent flying to Calgary. I was going to fly up on Sunday but apparently Monday is a holiday in Canada, so there.

And my current company has asked me to consult some in the evenings and on weekends until they complete there integration of the our acquisition (potentially through March). So some extra spending money there. I did get permission from my new boss since both companies are direct competitors.

I packed all my personal stuff up and took it to the car after lunch. It is a strange feeling. 12 1/2 years. But I'm really looking forward to the new job.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#20 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:32 pm

BackInTex wrote:One day more
One day more

Tomorrow is my last day at my current job. I start Monday with my new company, and it will be spent flying to Calgary. I was going to fly up on Sunday but apparently Monday is a holiday in Canada, so there.

And my current company has asked me to consult some in the evenings and on weekends until they complete there integration of the our acquisition (potentially through March). So some extra spending money there. I did get permission from my new boss since both companies are direct competitors.

I packed all my personal stuff up and took it to the car after lunch. It is a strange feeling. 12 1/2 years. But I'm really looking forward to the new job.
Best o' luck! Does Canada celebrate Columbus, too?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#21 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:30 pm

One day more

Good luck. Get ready for some culture shock.

Tomorrow's my last day. I won't be flying to sEWeR until next weekend.

Bob Juch

#22 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:31 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
One day more

Nope, it's Thanksgiving there. Columbus is properly vilified.

BackInTex

#23 Post by BackInTex » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Bob Juch wrote: Nope, it's Thanksgiving there. Columbus is properly vilified.
You mean the Canadians are full of self-hate? The ones I know aren't.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#24 Post by Estonut » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I won't be flying to sEWeR until next weekend.
At least you can wallow in it until then.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Duh Mass
Merry Man

#25 Post by Duh Mass » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
One day more

Nope, it's Thanksgiving there. Columbus is properly vilified.

Columbus didn't discover Canada, idiot!