WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 7219
.Tweety-bird45 says Matthew J. Whittaker to be temp replacement


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22079
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 642304cb7a

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 7219
Sessions says he's "resigning at the President's request"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
Looks like some indictments are fixing to get unsealed real quick. I hope Roger Stone has his toothbrush packed.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
And for those who say I don't give Trump any credit for anything he does:

Congratulations for taking down a Confederate monument.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this? We had ample warning when Rosenstein was going to be fired. Multiple times. ... Oh he's still there....
Well the MSM warned us that Mueller was going to be fired and the 'investigation' was going to be terminated. Many unnamed sources familiar with the situation told us so at the time. ... oh, he's still there too....

Well, at least we know those reports weren't FAKE NEWS. ...oh, they were, weren't they....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22079
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this? We had ample warning when Rosenstein was going to be fired. Multiple times. ... Oh he's still there....
Well the MSM warned us that Mueller was going to be fired and the 'investigation' was going to be terminated. Many unnamed sources familiar with the situation told us so at the time. ... oh, he's still there too....

Well, at least we know those reports weren't FAKE NEWS. ...oh, they were, weren't they....

Apparently, those fake news reports were generated by the White House.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22079
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
The Justice Department says acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will take over supervising special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation from Rod Rosenstein, the embattled deputy attorney general.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said when asked who would be supervising Mueller's probe in the wake of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' resignation.

Rosenstein had been supervising the Russia probe - overseeing Mueller's budget, indictments and subpoenas - since it began in May 2017 because of Sessions' recusal from all matters related to the 2016 presidential campaign.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this?


It's been widely reported that Trump planned to fire Sessions immediately after the election.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm 
Online
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17587
Location: By the phone
Bob Juch wrote:
The Justice Department says acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will take over supervising special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation from Rod Rosenstein, the embattled deputy attorney general.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said when asked who would be supervising Mueller's probe in the wake of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' resignation.

Rosenstein had been supervising the Russia probe - overseeing Mueller's budget, indictments and subpoenas - since it began in May 2017 because of Sessions' recusal from all matters related to the 2016 presidential campaign.
I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22079
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
The Justice Department says acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker will take over supervising special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation from Rod Rosenstein, the embattled deputy attorney general.

"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," DOJ spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said when asked who would be supervising Mueller's probe in the wake of Attorney General Jeff Sessions' resignation.

Rosenstein had been supervising the Russia probe - overseeing Mueller's budget, indictments and subpoenas - since it began in May 2017 because of Sessions' recusal from all matters related to the 2016 presidential campaign.
I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/acting-attorney-general-wrote-op-ed-denouncing-mueller-probe/

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15706
Bob78164 wrote:
I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob


Mueller had to know this was coming, and I'm sure he has made contingency plans. These could include indictments coming down as early as tomorrow or, similarly, handing lots of stuff off to other US attorneys in ready-to-go condition or both. If Trump Jr. gets indicted, even Trump Sr. would have a tough time firing Mueller or having a flunky do so on his behalf. Haldeman, Ehrlichman and the others weren't indicted until months after Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, so Trump won't have even that level of cover.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Gee, where were all the 'news' reports on this? We had ample warning when Rosenstein was going to be fired. Multiple times. ... Oh he's still there....
Well the MSM warned us that Mueller was going to be fired and the 'investigation' was going to be terminated. Many unnamed sources familiar with the situation told us so at the time. ... oh, he's still there too....

Well, at least we know those reports weren't FAKE NEWS. ...oh, they were, weren't they....

Apparently, those fake news reports were generated by the White House.

I guess that piece of information came from an unnamed source familiar with the situation.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4400
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob


Mueller had to know this was coming, and I'm sure he has made contingency plans. These could include indictments coming down as early as tomorrow or, similarly, handing lots of stuff off to other US attorneys in ready-to-go condition or both. If Trump Jr. gets indicted, even Trump Sr. would have a tough time firing Mueller or having a flunky do so on his behalf. Haldeman, Ehrlichman and the others weren't indicted until months after Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, so Trump won't have even that level of cover.

Can't wait.
BTW what happened to Sen. Beto? Apparently they're still looking in the dark nooks and crannies for votes for Sen. Abrams.
It's gonna be a long 2 years with people like you in charge of something. But we'll get through it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:15 pm 
Online
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17587
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I understand that because Whitaker isn't currently in a Senate-confirmed role, it's not clear whether he's eligible to be Acting Attorney General. Given Whitaker's written record of hostility toward Mueller's investigation, that's important. --Bob


Mueller had to know this was coming, and I'm sure he has made contingency plans. These could include indictments coming down as early as tomorrow or, similarly, handing lots of stuff off to other US attorneys in ready-to-go condition or both. If Trump Jr. gets indicted, even Trump Sr. would have a tough time firing Mueller or having a flunky do so on his behalf. Haldeman, Ehrlichman and the others weren't indicted until months after Nixon's Saturday Night Massacre, so Trump won't have even that level of cover.

Can't wait.
BTW what happened to Sen. Beto? Apparently they're still looking in the dark nooks and crannies for votes for Sen. Abrams.
It's gonna be a long 2 years with people like you in charge of something. But we'll get through it.
She's running for Governor, not Senator. And what she's doing is reasonable. She doesn't need to catch Kemp. She just needs to bring him down below 50% to force a runoff. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4294
Location: Merion, Pa.
William Barr Is Trump’s Top Choice for Attorney General, Sources Say


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beebs52, Bob78164, pcmaxey and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.