The "Press" Conference

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: The "Press" Conference

#76 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:08 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote: There's a big difference between a crack in the door versus breaking down a door.
Interesting that you choose to harp on my description rather than note that there was no damage to the door, contrary to what Carlson claimed. The facts contradict Carlson's description of the incident (which, as you point out, wasn't based on his own experience):
Tucker Carlson wrote: I mean, so for every masked lunatic in front of my house there have been you know, a 100 people some of whom I don't agree with politically, calling or sending texts of support and kindness. And if you work in our businesses, you know you can lose sight of that because you see the lunatics. But they weren't trying to change my mind or advocate for a position. They were threatening my family to get me to stop talking.

She standing in the kitchen waiting to go out to dinner and people start pounding and on the door, really getting the door hard and screaming and threatening and she thought it was a home invasion.

Our conversation publicly has been hijacked by extremists like this and I worry that if we don't stand up to them and say, I'm sorry, this is not allowed, you can't threaten people into silence.

Okay, you know, let me hear about it but to do this is a form of intimidation so why are we describing it as a protest. It's a protest in the sense that when the mafia tells your store owner you know, I'd hate to have this place destroyed.
I'm not blaming Carlson's wife for what she did; but it was a stupid, juvenile demonstration with some petty vandalism rather than a hate-crazed mob. The police didn't react to it as if it were a mob situation; instead there was a fairly cordial exchange. There were no arrests; no inordinate detention; no people running for the hills. And Carlson is trying to equate it to pipe bombs and synagogue shootings. Which is ironic in one way, since his first reaction when he heard that there was a pipe bomb at Soros' house was to laugh about the whole thing, and numerous left wing media figures have been targeted as well.

The article I cited also noted that the protestors invited four protest observers, including presumably the author of the article, to record what went on in case it did become a police matter. That's not what a mob does. And I did note that a ten-minute event was edited down to two for a posted video clip. One explanation: "At multiple points, a chant broke down despite the rhythm-track efforts of a protester with a tambourine." There were apparently stretches where the chanting stopped and it was just milling around until the next chant started, not exactly compelling video. I assume the observers (who were obviously behind the protestors based on that clip) have video of the entire event if it becomes necessary to produce in a legal proceeding.

I'm not trying to excuse this juvenile, counterproductive stunt, precisely because it becomes fodder for the right wing in their attempts to equate the two levels of violence, or, worse, say that what the right wing does is simply a reaction to the left's antics. But notice the reaction from Stephen Colbert and others as opposed to what you typically hear from Carlson after some of the right's outrages.
I guess you condone the 'First Amendment Right' to harass and terrorize people and their loved ones at their homes if you disagree with their politics. I know Maxine Waters and Cory Booker do.

Carlson invites prominent spokespeople from the opposing side of the chosen topic to champion their side, and most times they turn out to be inadequate, totally scripted or laughable. It has always been the left's strategy that when they can't win a debate on merit and facts, they resort to demonization and intimidation. That's one of the major things that bothers me about trump. He does the same thing when he actually has lots of ammunition to support his policies. It makes him look as childish as the dems.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#77 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:05 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I guess you condone the 'First Amendment Right' to harass and terrorize people and their loved ones at their homes if you disagree with their politics. I know Maxine Waters and Cory Booker do.
I didn't say I condoned what they did. I said it was a far cry from planting pipe bombs in mailboxes and that it wasn't what the right wing made it out to be. The right has done plenty of the same sort of targeting on their own.

Tucker Carlson does not engage in a debate of views. He practices attack journalism that is intended to be anything but a debate on the merits, rarely letting people complete what they have to say and then bringing up all sorts of irrelevant attacks. That's the reason why most liberals don't want to be on his show, and those that do often don't fare well because they are badgered incessantly. Right wingers aren't interested in debates on the merits; they are interested in making sure those debates don't actually happen by engaging in on-air harassment.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#78 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 pm

I didn't say I condoned what they did. I said it was a far cry from planting pipe bombs in mailboxes and that it wasn't what the right wing made it out to be. The right has done plenty of the same sort of targeting on their own.

Tucker Carlson does not engage in a debate of views. He practices attack journalism that is intended to be anything but a debate on the merits, rarely letting people complete what they have to say and then bringing up all sorts of irrelevant attacks. That's the reason why most liberals don't want to be on his show, and those that do often don't fare well because they are badgered incessantly. Right wingers aren't interested in debates on the merits; they are interested in making sure those debates don't actually happen by engaging in on-air harassment.
I guess it is appropriate to bless your heart.
No one who is not a liberal democrat condones or encourages putting pipebombs in mailboxes for any reason. If you think they do, you are more insane than even I think you are. No prominent conservative commentator blamed the democrats as a whole for the shooting of republicans on the baseball practice field. People who do those kind of things are lunatics, whatever side they favor or hate. Just as the relatively few 'white supremacist' groups are lunatics and do not represent conservatives or republicans.

Prominent democrats who hold a lot of power in your party condone and encourage behavior like the Carlson incident. It doesn't matter whether this side or that side is telling the truth about the intensity of the protest (but obviously, as in most political cases, one side is lying), it is the fact that it took place [at all] and was organized that is the point.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#79 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:48 pm

bob-tel said:
when you use the platform of the White House to call neo-Nazis "very fine people,"
I keep bringing up 'Groundhog Day'. It's because of things like this. Just a few posts before he said this, I stated that he never called neo nazis very fine people. He was referring to the people that were there who had nothing to do with the violence that took place. That has been pointed out by others in this thread, yet you choose to ignore it and go back to your mantra.

I myself have no problem saying that I am sure that there were very fine people on both sides of the issue there that day. These people were peacefully exercising their first amendment rights to protest or defend the taking down of the confederate monuments. The non-fine people were the ones who participated in the violence. CAN YOU NOT COMPREHEND THAT? IS THAT TOO COMPLEX FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

flockofseagulls104

#80 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:56 pm

I would actually tune in to MS-LSD or CNN or any of the other liberal-biased networks if they were brave enough to create a show with a similar format to Carlson's. Pick a controversial topic and invite a knowledgeable and credible conservative to debate the issue one on one. None of them are brave enough to do that, because they know they would lose on those grounds. Actually, I would like to see them invite someone like a Mark Levin to debate any topic on their networks.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#81 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:48 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:bob-tel said:
when you use the platform of the White House to call neo-Nazis "very fine people,"
I keep bringing up 'Groundhog Day'. It's because of things like this. Just a few posts before he said this, I stated that he never called neo nazis very fine people.
You can say it as often as you like, but I will never stand by silently and allow you to rewrite history, no matter how often you try to do so. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#82 Post by BackInTex » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
I keep bringing up 'Groundhog Day'. It's because of things like this. Just a few posts before he said this, I stated that he never called neo nazis very fine people.
You can say it as often as you like, but I will never stand by silently and allow you to rewrite history, no matter how often you try to do so. --Bob
Bob, you don't like being called a liar, so quit lying. Trump did not call neo nazis very fine people and he did not ask the Russians to hack the DNC's or Clinton's emails.

Put on your pussy hat if you must, but Trump also did not say he grabbed anyone's pussy. He did say he you/he could (if you're as famous as he), but he did not say he did.

Yeah, I think you're a smart guy. You are right about that. That is why I know you are lying when you so blatantly keep up these false narratives of yours the DNC.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#83 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Bob, you don't like being called a liar, so quit lying. Trump did not call neo nazis very fine people and he did not ask the Russians to hack the DNC's or Clinton's emails.

Put on your pussy hat if you must, but Trump also did not say he grabbed anyone's pussy. He did say he you/he could (if you're as famous as he), but he did not say he did.

Yeah, I think you're a smart guy. You are right about that. That is why I know you are lying when you so blatantly keep up these false narratives of yours the DNC.
You've suddenly become a telepath?

He explicitly asked the Russians to hack Hillary Clinton's e-mails. Your argument isn't that he didn't do it. Your argument is that he didn't mean it.

The tape is quite clear that Donny was calling neo-Nazis very fine people (as long as they weren't actually violent). His own party knew it. That's why some elected Republicans actually condemned his remarks.

I didn't say that he'd actually grabbed women by the genitals. I suspect he has but I don't know that to be the case. I've said he thinks the ability to grab unconsenting women by the genitals is something to brag about. That, I do know to be the case.

Don't try to rewrite my words to fit your version of history. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#84 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 pm

No one who is not a liberal democrat condones or encourages putting pipebombs in mailboxes for any reason.
It's not whether or not someone encourages putting pipe bombs in mailboxes. It's whether Trump engages in rhetoric where he calls Soros and CNN enemies and whips his followers into a frenzy so that some of them do put pipebombs into mailboxes.

And that's what I never hear people like Tucker Carlson or anyone on the right condemn. He actually laughed at the news of the bomb in Soros' mailbox.

And by the way, you might try listening to panels on CNN and MSNBC sometime. They keep people like Corey Leandowski employed by having him as the conservative talking head whenever they discuss various issues.

flockofseagulls104

#85 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:35 pm

No one who is not a liberal democrat condones or encourages putting pipebombs in mailboxes for any reason.
It's not whether or not someone encourages putting pipe bombs in mailboxes. It's whether Trump engages in rhetoric where he calls Soros and CNN enemies and whips his followers into a frenzy so that some of them do put pipebombs into mailboxes.

And that's what I never hear people like Tucker Carlson or anyone on the right condemn. He actually laughed at the news of the bomb in Soros' mailbox.

And by the way, you might try listening to panels on CNN and MSNBC sometime. They keep people like Corey Leandowski employed by having him as the conservative talking head whenever they discuss various issues.
OH! Corey Lewandowski!? Holy shit! I will have to tune in to CNN and MS-LSD more!!!!

If you are getting the conservative viewpoint from Corey Lewandowski, no wonder you are so right on accurate about what's in all republican minds!!!! He's right up there with William F Buckley!!!!

Everyone I know who doesn't viscerally hate trump like you and bob-tel are whipped up every day to make pipe bombs and deliver them to democrats!!!

What comic book are you living in?

flockofseagulls104

#86 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:...
The tape is quite clear that Donny was calling neo-Nazis very fine people (as long as they weren't actually violent). His own party knew it. That's why some elected Republicans actually condemned his remarks.
--Bob

He did no such thing. That's a fact, bob-tel. He has clearly explained what he said MANY times. He has clearly condemned neo-nazis and 'white supremacists' strongly MANY times. It is disgusting that he even had to do that, but was forced to because of the dishonest press. It should be a given, but is not because of the left's stupidity and childishness, combined with his own ability to screw up off the cuff remarks. But you ignore it because you want to. And because you're willfully ignorant.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#87 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:04 am

Bob78164 wrote:...
--Bob

He did no such thing. That's a fact, bob-tel. He has clearly explained what he said MANY times. He has clearly condemned neo-nazis and 'white supremacists' strongly MANY times. It is disgusting that he even had to do that, but was forced to because of the dishonest press. It should be a given, but is not because of the left's stupidity and childishness, combined with his own ability to screw up off the cuff remarks. But you ignore it because you want to. And because you're willfully ignorant.
No, I ignore Donny's after-the-fact rationalizations when the blowback proves politically unpalatable even for him because he's proven, time and time again, that he's a liar. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#88 Post by Estonut » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 am

silverscreenselect wrote:He actually laughed at the news of the bomb in Soros' mailbox.
That is not true. If you actually watch the video, it is quite clear that he was laughing at Philippe Reines' assertion that the lunatic bomber placed on in Soros' mailbox because Trump had recently criticized Soros.

https://youtu.be/usvQG3ArvVw?t=290
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#89 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 am

Here's the contemporaneous story, before the right-wing echo chamber had its chance to try to rewrite history:
Glenn Thrush and Maggie Haberman wrote:“Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth,” David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan leader, wrote in a Twitter post shortly after Mr. Trump spoke.

Richard B. Spencer, a white nationalist leader who participated in the weekend’s demonstrations and vowed to flood Charlottesville with similar protests in the coming weeks, was equally encouraged. “Trump’s statement was fair and down to earth,” Mr. Spencer tweeted.

. . . .

. . . [M]embers of the president’s staff, stunned and disheartened, said they never expected to hear such a voluble articulation of opinions that the president had long expressed in private.
The racists sure as hell think he's a racist. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#90 Post by Estonut » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:34 am

Bob78164 wrote:The tape is quite clear that Donny was calling neo-Nazis very fine people (as long as they weren't actually violent).
Bob, did you REALLY reach this conclusion by doing your own research and thinking it through for yourself, as you often claim you do? You are either lying or failing to remember this correctly.

Let me lay it out for you:

The video:
President Donald Trump on Charlottesville: You Had Very Fine People, on Both Sides | CNBC

The transcript:
Full transcript: Donald Trump’s press conference defending the Charlottesville rally

Pertinent excerpt:
Q: You said there was hatred and violence on both sides?

Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me. Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him. Good. Are we going to take down his statue. He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? It is fine. You are changing history and culture.

You had people and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally. You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. The press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group too.
The tape is actually quite clear that Donny was not calling neo-Nazis "very fine people." On that side, he was clearly referring to those who actually organized the protest, to peacefully protest the removal of a Confederate statue. In fact he even said the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists should be condemned totally. It's all there on the tape.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#91 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:58 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The tape is quite clear that Donny was calling neo-Nazis very fine people (as long as they weren't actually violent).
Bob, did you REALLY reach this conclusion by doing your own research and thinking it through for yourself, as you often claim you do? You are either lying or failing to remember this correctly.

The video:
President Donald Trump on Charlottesville: You Had Very Fine People, on Both Sides | CNBC
The transcript:
Full transcript: Donald Trump’s press conference defending the Charlottesville rally

Pertinent excerpt:

Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me. Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him. Good. Are we going to take down his statue. He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? It is fine. You are changing history and culture.

You had people and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally. You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. The press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group too.
The tape is actually quite clear that Donny was not calling neo-Nazis "very fine people." On that side, he was clearly referring to those who actually organized the protest, to peacefully protest the removal of a Confederate statue. In fact he even said the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists should be condemned totally. It's all there on the tape.
The 'excuse me's are trump trying to continue when supposedly unbiased and professional journalists interrupt him rudely when he is answering a specific question. It strikes me as obvious they aren't interested in his answer because they already have decided what it will be.

Who are the liars here, bob-tel?

flockofseagulls104

#92 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:23 am

There are so many people who bitterly cling to their hatred of trump.

tlynn78

#93 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:11 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You can say it as often as you like, but I will never stand by silently and allow you to rewrite history, no matter how often you try to do so. --Bob

I didn't say that he'd actually grabbed women by the genitals. I suspect he has but I don't know that to be the case. I've said he thinks the ability to grab unconsenting women by the genitals is something to brag about. That, I do know to be the case.

Don't try to rewrite my words to fit your version of history. --Bob
[emphasis added] Bob, you do understand the word "let" don't you? I realize it may be slightly more nuanced than "is," however, it is kind of opposite of "lack of consent." But go ahead and cling to your hate. It's all you've got.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#94 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:13 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:There are so many people who bitterly cling to their hatred of trump.
And then there are so many who bitterly cling to their hatred of liberals.

silverscreenselect

#95 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:16 am

The 'excuse me's are trump trying to continue when supposedly unbiased and professional journalists interrupt him rudely when he is answering a specific question.
You act as if reporters interrupting a press conference for follow-up questions is something that originated with Donald Trump. That's been going on for years with both Democratic and Republican presidents. And in Trump's case it's especially necessary because so many of his "answers" are either non-responsive or flat-out lies. Failing to follow up turns a press conference into nothing more than Trump reading a press release aloud.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#96 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:29 am

CNN has sued to get Acosta's credentials back. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#97 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:03 pm

The 'excuse me's are trump trying to continue when supposedly unbiased and professional journalists interrupt him rudely when he is answering a specific question.
You act as if reporters interrupting a press conference for follow-up questions is something that originated with Donald Trump. That's been going on for years with both Democratic and Republican presidents. And in Trump's case it's especially necessary because so many of his "answers" are either non-responsive or flat-out lies. Failing to follow up turns a press conference into nothing more than Trump reading a press release aloud.
I can't remember too many press conferences where Obama had to say 'excuse me' before finishing his answer. And he had some long answers where he pretty much said nothing.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#98 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Estonut wrote:

The video:

The transcript:

Pertinent excerpt:

Thank you for taking the time to provide an evidence-based response. You are correct that Donny distinguished between neo-Nazis and white supremacists, on the one hand, and those who shared their goal of celebrating and honoring the Confederacy, on the other hand, and called only the latter "very fine people." I will alter how I discuss this incident in the future. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#99 Post by Estonut » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

The video:

The transcript:

Pertinent excerpt:

Thank you for taking the time to provide an evidence-based response. You are correct that Donny distinguished between neo-Nazis and white supremacists, on the one hand, and those who shared their goal of celebrating and honoring the Confederacy, on the other hand, and called only the latter "very fine people." I will alter how I discuss this incident in the future.
You are welcome. As I said, it's all there on the tape. Can you get the MSM to view it for once? They still falsely claim as you did.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#100 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

The video:

The transcript:

Pertinent excerpt:

Thank you for taking the time to provide an evidence-based response. You are correct that Donny distinguished between neo-Nazis and white supremacists, on the one hand, and those who shared their goal of celebrating and honoring the Confederacy, on the other hand, and called only the latter "very fine people." I will alter how I discuss this incident in the future. --Bob
OMG! I congratulate you, bob.
Now, will you notice the allegedly unbiased, professional journalists who still refer to this incident, and think about the fact that they had the same access to the transcript and video that estonut accessed. And will you cogitate on why they still cite this incident? And will you be willing to extrapolate? If you do, and honestly, we might come to a meeting of the minds.