weird election consequence

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

weird election consequence

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 pm

So, the electorate of Montana voted in a new guy as Supreme Court Clerk. I was shocked to get a call today to let me know I'm being tapped for his Chief Deputy. Hmm. I said I'd give my answer Monday, but it's a no. I'm not quite two years into my 4-year commitment to the people who voted for me. I hate when people bail out mid-term because someone waves money under their nose. Besides, I supported the loser. Awkward.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: weird election consequence

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:30 pm

There ya go. Heh.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:08 pm

tlynn78 wrote:So, the electorate of Montana voted in a new guy as Supreme Court Clerk. I was shocked to get a call today to let me know I'm being tapped for his Chief Deputy. Hmm. I said I'd give my answer Monday, but it's a no. I'm not quite two years into my 4-year commitment to the people who voted for me. I hate when people bail out mid-term because someone waves money under their nose. Besides, I supported the loser. Awkward.

You'll never make it as a college football or basketball coach.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Ritterskoop

#4 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:39 pm

It must be a great feeling to be wanted by folks other than your original team, and to also be able to stick to your preferred path.

That's having options.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Vandal wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:So, the electorate of Montana voted in a new guy as Supreme Court Clerk. I was shocked to get a call today to let me know I'm being tapped for his Chief Deputy. Hmm. I said I'd give my answer Monday, but it's a no. I'm not quite two years into my 4-year commitment to the people who voted for me. I hate when people bail out mid-term because someone waves money under their nose. Besides, I supported the loser. Awkward.

You'll never make it as a college football or basketball coach.
Yeah, that and being under 5'4"...
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:It must be a great feeling to be wanted by folks other than your original team, and to also be able to stick to your preferred path.

That's having options.
Options are good. Then there's the whole, do I want to be in a club that would have me as a member? :lol:

themanintheseersuckersuit

#7 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:39 am

Competence has its burdens
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:15 am

Officially declined interest in the position. Still disappointed my guy didn't win, he should have.