spoiler for today's (11/14) show

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

spoiler for today's (11/14) show

#1 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Since we are getting transcripts only intermittently, I thought I'd post this. A contestant played rock-paper-scissors with her +1 to decide whether to go for the $20,000 question. She picked "scissors" and the +1 picked "rock" and that made the contestant decide to go for it.

Spoiler
The question asked who was the recipient of the first guilty verdict televised, in 1964. The choices were David Berkowitz, Jack Ruby, Lucky Luciano, or Sirhan Sirhan. She used her 50:50, which left Ruby and Luciano. Then she brought on her +1. I don't know how they decided based on the rock-paper-scissors game, but the contestant chose Luciano and went home with $5,000.

Also on today's show they showed Nancy Christy answering her $1 million question and Chris said she could be the contestant chosen to come back on Friday's show.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

talkinaway

Re: spoiler for today's (11/14) show

#2 Post by talkinaway » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Just out of curiosity, was this the first question on today's show? I'm guessing it was, since 5 minutes into my DVR recording the contestant and her friend were still on the question, and it usually takes at least 5 minutes to do the before-show commercial, the (re)introduction of the contestant, and the first question (especially if it's not part of the first five). Add to that some pre-lifeline hemming and hawing that they must have shown, and I doubt they managed to get a $10K question -and- get as far as the +1 lifeline.

I'm asking because WCVB in Boston had their noon newscast spill over 5 minutes. I'm guessing it's because of the first snow we're scheduled to have on Friday.

Spoiler
(For the record, I'd have guessed B-then-C with an imaginary double dip, or would have used a 50/50, which of course would have frustrated me. Eventually would guess B due to knowing that "in winter 1963, it felt like the world would freeze, with John F Kennedy...")

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:55 pm

talkinaway wrote:Just out of curiosity, was this the first question on today's show? I'm guessing it was, since 5 minutes into my DVR recording the contestant and her friend were still on the question, and it usually takes at least 5 minutes to do the before-show commercial, the (re)introduction of the contestant, and the first question (especially if it's not part of the first five). Add to that some pre-lifeline hemming and hawing that they must have shown, and I doubt they managed to get a $10K question -and- get as far as the +1 lifeline.

I'm asking because WCVB in Boston had their noon newscast spill over 5 minutes. I'm guessing it's because of the first snow we're scheduled to have on Friday.

Spoiler
(For the record, I'd have guessed B-then-C with an imaginary double dip, or would have used a 50/50, which of course would have frustrated me. Eventually would guess B due to knowing that "in winter 1963, it felt like the world would freeze, with John F Kennedy...")
I believe it was the first question, but I'm not absolutely certain.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarkBarrett

#4 Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:04 pm

earendel wrote:
talkinaway wrote:Just out of curiosity, was this the first question on today's show? I'm guessing it was, since 5 minutes into my DVR recording the contestant and her friend were still on the question, and it usually takes at least 5 minutes to do the before-show commercial, the (re)introduction of the contestant, and the first question (especially if it's not part of the first five). Add to that some pre-lifeline hemming and hawing that they must have shown, and I doubt they managed to get a $10K question -and- get as far as the +1 lifeline.

Spoiler
I believe it was the first question, but I'm not absolutely certain.
Yes, that was the first question. The video for the episode is on the J! Board in two links since a board member was playing: https://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4 ... 00#p295080