No longer a homeowner

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

No longer a homeowner

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:18 pm

The sale of our home of the last 21 years has closed. I am officially no longer a landowner. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

christie1111
11:11

Re: No longer a homeowner

#2 Post by christie1111 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:57 pm

So now what?
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Vandal
Director of Promos

#3 Post by Vandal » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Not this, I hope:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:09 pm

I hope that is a good thing for you.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:51 pm

I moved into my apartment nearly three months ago, the day after Labor Day. Ms. 63 moved to Seattle last week. We think we got a good price for the house, more than 6% above our asking price, which resulted in four initial offers and a bit of a bidding war. If this sale had fallen through, we had a backup offer in place that was also above our asking price.

The vast majority of my share of the proceeds is going to Ms. 63. We were able to negotiate a buyout of my support obligation without spending too much money on lawyers. It helps a lot that we were friends for 10 years before we were a couple; notwithstanding present circumstances, there’s a reservoir of trust that allowed us to handle this as a business negotiation instead of a war (despite the lawyers’ best efforts).

I think she’s satisfied with the outcome. I’ll probably end up working a few more years than I’d hoped before I’m ready to retire but I’ll eventually reach my goal. And I think the new chapter in our lives will be good for both of us. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson