RIP Philip Bosco

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

RIP Philip Bosco

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Veteran character actor who was one of those "the face is familiar but I don't know the name types." He also won a Tony on Broadway. Age 88

https://variety.com/2018/legit/news/phi ... 203080412/

Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: RIP Philip Bosco

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:40 pm

He was in everything! He was in two of my favorite movies, Trading Places and Suspect. He doesn't have a big part in either; he just plays to perfection the kind of role that you can't do without.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:01 am

My favorite Bosco is his sequence at the end of Working Girl, when Melanie Griffith is picking up her stuff.

When she is giving her elevator speech on how she came up with her idea … the look on his face. He sees something in her and decides then he is willing to take a chance. When she explains later that you can break the rules when you get ahead but when you are a secretary from Staten Island, you can't get ahead without breaking the rule, his look confirms his earlier thoughts.

Just great stuff.

Spock

#4 Post by Spock » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:53 pm

Seeing the clip from Quick Change reminded me that it w-as out shortly before we got married.

At some wedding thingie at a local department store-the future Mrs and I won a "Quick Change" contest thing where we dressed each other faster than the other contestants.

Now, just because we could dress each other quickly it should not be assumed that we knew how to undress each other quickly-LOL.

They also made a big thing about the movie Quick Change at the 1990 Daytona Beach spring break. I think I still have an old t-shirt or something from that around here.

My sister went to college in Daytona Beach and I went down at spring break to visit.