Remembering the Iran/Iraq war

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Remembering the Iran/Iraq war

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Iran sending children across mine fields to "clear" the fields.

Similar use of children at our southern border. Shameful.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Remembering the Iran/Iraq war

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:18 pm

BackInTex wrote:Iran sending children across mine fields to "clear" the fields.

So, are you comparing Donald Trump to Iran or Iraq here?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:30 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:

So, are you comparing Donald Trump to Iran or Iraq here?
wagon wheel
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:18 pm

I agree. Unarmed children approaching our southern border should not have to fear for their lives, and if our government is acting in such a way that the fear is justified then I am again ashamed of our government. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:45 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

I agree. Unarmed children approaching our southern border should not have to fear for their lives, and if our government is acting in such a way that the fear is justified then I am again ashamed of our government. —Bob
The government is acting the same way it did under Obama, and others. Media/Bob silence then. hmm.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

The government is acting the same way it did under Obama, and others. Media/Bob silence then. hmm.
Not at all! :evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -once-mon/

People who want to enter this country illegally purposely used their (maybe) children as shields. Any parent who would do that should be ashamed.

Remember just last month how the MSM was crying out that trump was using the 'caravans' as a political scare tactic to drum up hatred and fear among his base? Well, where are they now? Why aren't they reporting that he may have had a point? And most of them still aren't here.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Trump is a liar.
Here are just SOME of the lies spewed by CNN...

https://amgreatness.com/2018/11/04/cnns ... ith-trump/

If you have an open mind, you might consider this information the next time you feel you need to rely on the MSM and dismiss other sources that are 'tainted' because they don't follow the same biased narrative that CNN and the rest of the MSM do. Those other 'tainted' sources of news are also doing their best to get facts correct. But they may report facts that CNN ignores. I believe that these days you have to get news reports from all sides and evaluate what actually happens as best you can.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:03 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

People who want to enter this country illegally purposely used their (maybe) children as shields. Any parent who would do that should be ashamed.

Remember just last month how the MSM was crying out that trump was using the 'caravans' as a political scare tactic to drum up hatred and fear among his base? Well, where are they now? Why aren't they reporting that he may have had a point? And most of them still aren't here.
It’s not illegal to enter the country anywhere you can in order to claim asylum. You keep ignoring that point. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Why doesn’t the story link to the government data that supposedly supports its claim?

Let them in as federal law requires and evaluate their claims as federal law also requires. If we don’t have enough personnel there to perform the evaluation, take some from somewhere else. We had no trouble finding thousands of armed military to shoot tear gas at unarmed refugees and kids. Surely we can find enough bureaucrats to interview them. —Bob

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:28 pm

People who want to enter this country illegally purposely used their (maybe) children as shields.
Or, a far more likely explanation is that people who wanted to enter this country did not want to leave their children alone, hundreds of miles away.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#12 Post by Estonut » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:54 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:People who want to enter this country illegally purposely used their (maybe) children as shields.
Or, a far more likely explanation is that people who wanted to enter this country did not want to leave their children alone, hundreds of miles away.
You see no difference between bringing children along vs. having them rush the border?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:07 am

Estonut wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:People who want to enter this country illegally purposely used their (maybe) children as shields.
You see no difference between bringing children along vs. having them rush the border?
A number of these children were in strollers. It's hard to picture them "rushing" the border. There were some adults who did, but the response was indiscriminate.

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:57 am

Bob Juch wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I agree. Unarmed children approaching our southern border should not have to fear for their lives, and if our government is acting in such a way that the fear is justified then I am again ashamed of our government. —Bob
Not at all! :evil:
I'm a little embarrassed, but I agree with BJ. Our government is acting differently. It is acting like a government and not a middle school social club. Our government is acting on the behalf of IT's citizens and not those of other countries.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:57 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Or, a far more likely explanation is that people who wanted to enter this country did not want to leave their children alone, hundreds of miles away.
A number of these children were in strollers. It's hard to picture them "rushing" the border. There were some adults who did, but the response was indiscriminate.
A number. Yep, I agree. And that number? 3
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#16 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 am

silverscreenselect wrote:A number of these children were in strollers. It's hard to picture them "rushing" the border.

LOL! You need to work a few Black Friday sales.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:47 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:A number of these children were in strollers. It's hard to picture them "rushing" the border.

LOL! You need to work a few Black Friday sales.....

lb13

LOL - True dat! Little ankle-biters in tricked out stollers have changed the Black Friday game.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Or, a far more likely explanation is that people who wanted to enter this country did not want to leave their children alone, hundreds of miles away.
It's hard to picture them "rushing" the border?
Well, Jim Acosta famously lectured the President assuring him that they would never do such a thing. It's amazing to what degree of idiocy you are willing to stoop in order to rationalize your religiously held narrative.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... 6774082561

bob-tel, this is video proof. Your unbiased news sources said that the president was rude and took away Acosta's press pass because he didn't want to answer his question. As far as I could see, the president answered every question Acosta asked, and he was extraordinarily patient with him. How do you see it otherwise?

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Estonut wrote:You see no difference between bringing children along vs. having them rush the border?
Well, Jim Acosta famously lectured the President assuring him that they would never do such a thing. It's amazing to what degree of idiocy you are willing to stoop in order to rationalize your religiously held narrative.

bob-tel, this is video proof. Your unbiased news sources said that the president was rude and took away Acosta's press pass because he didn't want to answer his question. As far as I could see, the president answered every question Acosta asked, and he was extraordinarily patient with him. How do you see it otherwise?
Where were the children in strollers who rushed the border?

I can see how someone who claimed that his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever might consider what happened to be a massive mob storming the border, but most people saw what really occurred.

But before you go to bed tonight, Flock, you might want to look under your bed. Their might be an illegal immigrant with a giant machete looking to do you in.

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Where were the children in strollers who rushed the border?

I can see how someone who claimed that his inauguration crowd was the biggest ever might consider what happened to be a massive mob storming the border, but most people saw what really occurred.

But before you go to bed tonight, Flock, you might want to look under your bed. Their might be an illegal immigrant with a giant machete looking to do you in.
I know you need to post a kneejerk response to any point I make that includes a stupid swipe at me, but is it too much to ask to have it actually address the point I made?

Estonut
Evil Genius

#21 Post by Estonut » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:But before you go to bed tonight, Flock, you might want to look under your bed. Their might be an illegal immigrant with a giant machete looking to do you in.
I believe Flock's in Washington. Are you suggesting they'd be stealing cars right away?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Spock

#22 Post by Spock » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Estonut wrote:
You are either naive or dishonest. It never crosses your mind that in our media saturated world the stroller brigade might have been set up for optics. Hell, the stroller brigade probably had more problems dodging photographers than they did tear gas.

Forget the damn kids. I think this thread went awry from the beginning. The images of young male rock throwers are right out of the third world. But, I guess that is SSS's wet dream to allow that demographic in.

I have never figured out how you, SSS, plan for an essentially unlimited number of unskilled immigrants to make a living here. You poopoo any chances of things like manufacturing coming back. How can they all make a living?

The agricultural (and many other such) jobs that many of them do are very quickly being roboticized.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:38 pm

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:But before you go to bed tonight, Flock, you might want to look under your bed. Their might be an illegal immigrant with a giant machete looking to do you in.
I believe Flock's in Washington. Are you suggesting they'd be stealing cars right away?
Actually. I have moved. I am back in Atlanta and I am in the same area as aSSShole. I wanted to be near the extensive aura of Jon Ossoff and have the pleasure of disenfranchising aSSShole by negating every vote that he casts in any election. Add one more racist, homophobic, bitter clinging deplorable to the district.

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Spock wrote: You are either naive or dishonest. It never crosses your mind that in our media saturated world the stroller brigade might have been set up for optics. Hell, the stroller brigade probably had more problems dodging photographers than they did tear gas.
So, apparently the people who used tear gas indiscriminately against children are less to blame than the children and their parents who let themselves get used for optics. The authorities could have easily defused the situation; they chose to react in the worst way possible.

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Estonut wrote:
Actually. I have moved. I am back in Atlanta and I am in the same area as aSSShole. I wanted to be near the extensive aura of Jon Ossoff and have the pleasure of disenfranchising aSSShole by negating every vote that he casts in any election. Add one more racist, homophobic, bitter clinging deplorable to the district.
I hope you buy a lot of lottery tickets.