Hey Kavanaugh shredders

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Hey Kavanaugh shredders

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Are you glad you wasted your precious time?
Hearts, bless them.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

Re: Hey Kavanaugh shredders

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Are you glad you wasted your precious time?
Hearts, bless them.
I confess to being befuddled here. Was there some news about Kavanaugh today?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:59 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Are you glad you wasted your precious time?
Hearts, bless them.
I confess to being befuddled here. Was there some news about Kavanaugh today?
I suspect Beebs is referring to his vote to deny cert in the Planned Parenthood funding cases.

I don't hold much stock in it. He was probably concerned that Chief Justice Roberts would vote the "wrong" way on the merits. I think that when an abortion case reaches the Court on the merits, the conservatives will get what they've been trying to accomplish for more than 45 years. If they don't, we'll have Chief Justice Roberts to thank. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote: If they don't, we'll have Chief Justice Roberts to thank. --Bob
I do think that Roberts is concerned about the legacy of the "Roberts Court" and he doesn't want it to be seen as a right wing rubber stamp. If it does come to a vote on the merits of abortion, I think he'll find some way to uphold it for that reason.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:38 am

Not to mention - where are we now at the number of claims that have been debunked? But hey, let's not mention that, right?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:15 pm

tlynn78 wrote:Not to mention - where are we now at the number of claims that have been debunked? But hey, let's not mention that, right?
The incoming chair of the House Judiciary Committee has stated that he supports a full investigation into Dr. Blasey Ford’s allegations. I’m glad we’ll finally get one. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Not to mention - where are we now at the number of claims that have been debunked? But hey, let's not mention that, right?
The incoming chair of the House Judiciary Committee has stated that he supports a full investigation into Dr. Blasey Ford’s allegations. I’m glad we’ll finally get one. —Bob
Jerry Nadler should have an investigation of his brain. If they can find one.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:39 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Jerry Nadler should have an investigation of his brain. If they can find one.
Fortunately, the number of braindead Republicans in Congress will go down considerably in the next month or so.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme.
Well, then

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme.

Amen, sister.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Estonut
Evil Genius

#11 Post by Estonut » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:22 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Jerry Nadler should have an investigation of his brain. If they can find one.
Fortunately, the number of braindead Republicans in Congress will go down considerably in the next month or so.
The party who elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House has no standing to call anyone brain-dead.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:44 pm

Estonut wrote:
The party who elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House has no standing to call anyone brain-dead.
Bwahahaha. Snort. Hack. Flu alert...
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Estonut wrote:
That seems like an awfully harsh comment about someone who hasn’t yet held elected office. Let’s see what she does after Inauguration Day before trying to typecast her. —Bob

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Fortunately, the number of braindead Republicans in Congress will go down considerably in the next month or so.
That seems like an awfully harsh comment about someone who hasn’t yet held elected office. Let’s see what she does after Inauguration Day before trying to typecast her. —Bob
Should we go back and see what you said about Trump prior to his inauguration?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#15 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:42 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:The party who elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House has no standing to call anyone brain-dead.
I could articulate exactly why I thought he was a despicable human being who would do an awful job in the Oval Office. He's been even worse than I feared.

What, precisely, makes estonut think that supporters of Rep.-elect Ocasio-Cortez have to be stupid? --Bob

BackInTex

#16 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:That seems like an awfully harsh comment about someone who hasn’t yet held elected office. Let’s see what she does after Inauguration Day before trying to typecast her. —Bob
I could articulate exactly why I thought he was a despicable human being who would do an awful job in the Oval Office. He's been even worse than I feared.

What, precisely, makes estonut think that supporters of Rep.-elect Ocasio-Cortez have to be stupid? --Bob
He should thank you for making his point.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#17 Post by Estonut » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:10 am

Bob78164 wrote:What, precisely, makes estonut think that supporters of Rep.-elect Ocasio-Cortez have to be stupid?
My handle is capitalized and should be written that way.

Where, precisely, did I say that I think that supporters of Rep.-elect Ocasio-Cortez have to be stupid?
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:What, precisely, makes estonut think that supporters of Rep.-elect Ocasio-Cortez have to be stupid?

Where, precisely, did I say that I think that supporters of Rep.-elect Ocasio-Cortez have to be stupid?
When you implied that supporting her requires a party to be brain-dead. --Bob

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:19 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

I don't necessarily equate the tern "brain dead" as being stupid. I equate it more to apathetic, intellectually lazy, uncaring, and/or personally unaccountable.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#20 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:37 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:My handle is capitalized and should be written that way.

I don't necessarily equate the tern "brain dead" as being stupid. I equate it more to apathetic, intellectually lazy, uncaring, and/or personally unaccountable.
Or, medicinally impaired. Dude.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#21 Post by Estonut » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:

When you implied that supporting her requires a party to be brain-dead.
I neither said nor implied that. What you infer is your problem.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:My handle is capitalized and should be written that way.

When you implied that supporting her requires a party to be brain-dead.
"The party who elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House has no standing to call anyone brain-dead." --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#23 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:When you implied that supporting her requires a party to be brain-dead.
"The party who elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House has no standing to call anyone brain-dead." --Bob
Sss called repub party braindead.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:I neither said nor implied that. What you infer is your problem.
I know. But Estonut is saying that the words I quoted above don't imply that he's calling the Democratic Party brain-dead for electing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I don't buy it. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:"The party who elected Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to the House has no standing to call anyone brain-dead." --Bob
I know. But Estonut is saying that the words I quoted above don't imply that he's calling the Democratic Party brain-dead for electing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I don't buy it. --Bob
You're wrong. QED
Well, then