Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 96

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 96

#1 Post by gsabc » Tue May 06, 2008 10:46 am

GW and BD went to pick up the MotB dress last night. It was modeled for me upon return home. First, GW had to find a relatively fur-free room, no mean feat in our house. The guest room, which includes our elliptical, qualifies. The cats prefer the regularly occupied beds.

I MUST, repeat MUST, find somewhere to take her so that she can wear the dress again after the wedding. It would be a tragedy for her to be seen in public in it only once. My usual comments on her clothing, on those occasions where my opinion is solicited, are on the order of "It looks nice/good/fine/etc." This dress, and the woman in it, are drop-dead gorgeous. In nearly thirty years of marriage, and a couple years of dating before that, she has never worn anything so beautiful. Well, maybe her own wedding dress, but I was too besotted to notice that at the time.

This is the dress, I believe. The photo doesn't do it justice.
http://marryandtuxbridal.com/images/mot ... W-600.html
I cannot find the color on the site, though. It's a light teal green, more green than teal. A good strong color, not pastel shade. It's a wonderful color for her.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

christie1111
11:11

Re: Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 96

#2 Post by christie1111 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:53 am

gsabc wrote:GW and BD went to pick up the MotB dress last night. It was modeled for me upon return home. First, GW had to find a relatively fur-free room, no mean feat in our house. The guest room, which includes our elliptical, qualifies. The cats prefer the regularly occupied beds.

I MUST, repeat MUST, find somewhere to take her so that she can wear the dress again after the wedding. It would be a tragedy for her to be seen in public in it only once. My usual comments on her clothing, on those occasions where my opinion is solicited, are on the order of "It looks nice/good/fine/etc." This dress, and the woman in it, are drop-dead gorgeous. In nearly thirty years of marriage, and a couple years of dating before that, she has never worn anything so beautiful. Well, maybe her own wedding dress, but I was too besotted to notice that at the time.

This is the dress, I believe. The photo doesn't do it justice.
http://marryandtuxbridal.com/images/mot ... W-600.html
I cannot find the color on the site, though. It's a light teal green, more green than teal. A good strong color, not pastel shade. It's a wonderful color for her.

I loved this post!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:03 am

It's a lovely dress, very classy.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:07 am

Yeah, but how about the shoes......
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:16 am

It is a dress that does not scream or even whisper "MOTHER OF THE BRIDE". There are many places you can take GW that this dress would fit right in.

Make sure you do that after the big day!

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:30 am

Yeah, but how about the shoes......

Ooh, yeah. Plus, if the car breaks down on the way to the wedding, you've got all the electrician's tape you might need to fix it!

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 96

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue May 06, 2008 6:51 pm

gsabc wrote:
I MUST, repeat MUST, find somewhere to take her so that she can wear the dress again after the wedding. It would be a tragedy for her to be seen in public in it only once.
This statement is so sweet!