Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2019 inductees

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2019 inductees

#1 Post by Vandal » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:57 am

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2019 inductees have been announced. Radiohead, the Cure, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Roxy Music, Def Leppard, and the Zombies are the latest class of inductees. The 34th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is happening on March 29 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... r6A0GFEIJo

Def Bleepin' Leppard. Good lord.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2019 inductees

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:37 am

Vandal wrote:
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2019 inductees have been announced. Radiohead, the Cure, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, Roxy Music, Def Leppard, and the Zombies are the latest class of inductees. The 34th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony is happening on March 29 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... r6A0GFEIJo

Def Bleepin' Leppard. Good lord.

I'd actually argue they're probably the most deserving of all the inductees this year... if you're one of those purists who think Miss Jackson isn't really rock and roll.

But maybe I'm a biased child of the 80's who just happened to start paying attention to music at the time the Pyromania hits were big on the radio...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Pastor Fireball

#3 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:48 am

No complaints from me... though I'm sure that MM Todd Rundgren will say otherwise.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#4 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:08 am

Complete and total bullshit that Rundgren didn't make it. He finished only behind Def Leppard and Nicks in the fan vote. Almost 50 years as innovative recording artist and producer of some real heavyweight albums.

The Cure?? Seriously? Although I certainly understand Janet Jackson going in, considering the many head-banging tunes she's put out :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Radiohead is a critical darling and apparently many fans as well, though I don't "get them" myself. Leppard and Nicks have huge fan bases, though neither of them include me.

I actually voted for The Zombies and Roxy Music, but NEITHER should've been inducted ahead of Todd.

Or, for that matter, Jethro Tull, Doobie Brothers, etc. etc.

Screw the Hall. Not watching the ceremonies this time around. I was already in a bad mood over last night's "Survivor" results. :evil:
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:46 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:Screw the Hall. Not watching the ceremonies this time around. I was already in a bad mood over last night's "Survivor" results. :evil:
Survivor? Is GSN showing reruns? :)
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx