Sick of Mariah?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Sick of Mariah?

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:21 am

By now we all know what she wants for Christmas, and most of us are at the point that we would gladly save the reindeer the trouble and run Grandma over ourselves.

T-Bone to the rescue!

Well, depending on whether or not you enjoy what I have here for you. At the very least, it's some holiday music variety. A couple of selections from this year's holiday releases, plus one stunning item from last year by a band I just discovered a few months ago.

First up, The Monkees!

Next, the multi-genre Mavericks:

Unexpectedly after all these years, Eric Clapton dropped a holiday album in 2018:

The a cappella group Pentatonix seems to be releasing a Christmas album every year. Here they take on the sprightly tune first recorded by Stevie Wonder.

Here are a couple of tunes from my favorite Christmas album of the year. I LOVE this album. The style is early rock 'n roll...Little Richard, Fats Domino, etc. The second one here makes me laugh:

Last but most definitely not least, there is this sublime track from 2017 by the English progressive rock band Big Big Train, a group a Facebook friend turned me on to a few months ago. This song is reminiscent of early/mid-period Genesis with a bit of Trans-Siberian Orchestra's lighter side mixed in. This song is absolutely beautiful and the video may put a lump in your throat.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PEACE AND GOOD WILL TOWARD ALL BB's AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

mellytu74

Re: Sick of Mariah?

#2 Post by mellytu74 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks, T-Bone!!!

Sending this back to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYPjyqLyq1A

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#3 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:30 am

Oh, that hits the sweet spot, Melly..it almost made me get up and jitterbug! :lol:

Thanks! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:31 am

You missed my favorite:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#5 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:39 am

Bob Juch wrote:You missed my favorite
Nice one.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:55 am

It is complete cheese, and I resent the lyrics about how you can only be complete if you are with someone, but Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree" from 2013 is musically right in my happy wheelhouse. Wall of Sound, and she did all her own backing vocals, and, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2Fnp_qnE8
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Dominick the Donkey
Merry Man

#7 Post by Dominick the Donkey » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Sigh, overlooked again....
HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw HeeHaw

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#8 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:03 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:It is complete cheese, and I resent the lyrics about how you can only be complete if you are with someone, but Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree" from 2013 is musically right in my happy wheelhouse. Wall of Sound, and she did all her own backing vocals, and, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM2Fnp_qnE8
I like this one, too. It's on my iPod.

Cheese is not a bad thing, especially around the holidays. I tend to watch and listen to things I normally would avoid the rest of the year, and that's saying a lot since I can demonstrate tolerance toward many cornball things even in mid-July.

My best to you, my friend.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#9 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Cheese is not a bad thing, especially around the holidays. I tend to watch and listen to things I normally would avoid the rest of the year, and that's saying a lot since I can demonstrate tolerance toward many cornball things even in mid-July.
Dominick the Donkey wrote:Sigh, overlooked again....
Sadly, Dominick the Donkey is not one of those things...
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck