WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15833
Making America great again, courtesy of Donald Trump:

Image

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22140
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
There's a lot of trash on the other side of the fence too.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4469
Location: Atlanta, GA
silverscreenselect wrote:
Making America great again, courtesy of Donald Trump:

Image


Well that does it! Now I see! My eyes are opened! I am so glad you decided to share this incontrovertible proof that Donald Trump should be not only impeached but tarred and feathered as well. How dare he dump trash on the streets of DC! It's all his fault!!!!!

Do you have nothing else better to do?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29683
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
silverscreenselect wrote:
Making America great again, courtesy of Donald Trump:

Image



With all of the coffee cups and water bottles, it looks like the aftermath of an Earth Day rally....

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4469
Location: Atlanta, GA
littlebeast13 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Making America great again, courtesy of Donald Trump:

Image



With all of the coffee cups and water bottles, it looks like the aftermath of an Earth Day rally....

lb13


I think since Washington DC is run and controlled by dems, your outrage is a bit misplaced. But, as we all know, it goes where the bat-phone tells you send it. Everything is trump's fault, and if you can't think of anyway to twist or contort logic to blame it on him, it's because of republicans. The only thing missing from your post, aSSShole, is a swipe at me. I renew my offer: Apologize to ME and my family for offending ME, and I will stop being rude to you. Happy New Year, or Groundhog Day, whichever you choose.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15833
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think since Washington DC is run and controlled by dems, your outrage is a bit misplaced. But, as we all know, it goes where the bat-phone tells you send it.


No, this particular scenic view is on federal land under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service which now has no money to pay the federal employees who normally clean up this trash. And this scenario is playing out in federal lands all over the country.

And if I had to apologize to you every time you were ignorant, I'd be issuing apologies for your ignorance more often than Trump lies.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:37 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17729
Location: By the phone
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
I think since Washington DC is run and controlled by dems, your outrage is a bit misplaced. But, as we all know, it goes where the bat-phone tells you send it.


No, this particular scenic view is on federal land under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service which now has no money to pay the federal employees who normally clean up this trash. And this scenario is playing out in federal lands all over the country.

And if I had to apologize to you every time you were ignorant, I'd be issuing apologies for your ignorance more often than Trump lies.
A whole bunch of national parks are closing in whole or in part for similar reasons. They're no longer sanitary because portable toilets are no longer being emptied. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 pm 
Offline
FNGD Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 6095
Location: State of Confusion
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men has apparently reached its expiration date.

I guess you folks don't observe the Feast of the Epiphany :roll:

_________________
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:26 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17729
Location: By the phone
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men has apparently reached its expiration date.

I guess you folks don't observe the Feast of the Epiphany :roll:
This is going to start hitting close to home for some of us sooner rather than later. I think that at least snaxx and aj will miss paychecks if this doesn't get solved soon. I'm not sure about ear. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12679
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
Bob78164 wrote:
This is going to start hitting close to home for some of us sooner rather than later. I think that at least snaxx and aj will miss paychecks if this doesn't get solved soon. I'm not sure about ear. --Bob

I'm good. The Corps gets part of its funding through the Department of Defense, and the rest through the Energy & Water Appropriations Bill, both of which have been passed and signed.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15833
While a large number of federal employees are either (a) out of work and unpaid or (b) working and unpaid, it's good to know that our president is taking care of the most important of his employees. Mike Pence, cabinet secretaries and deputy secretaries, and other senior cabinet officials are getting $10,000 pay raises, because the provision of the funding act that freezes their salaries hasn't been renewed because no new law has gone into effect. So, tomorrow, Pence and the others will begin to reap the rewards of Donald Trump's largesse while the rest of the federal employees have to muddle along.

https://www.newsweek.com/government-shu ... ce-1279850

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22140
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
silverscreenselect wrote:
While a large number of federal employees are either (a) out of work and unpaid or (b) working and unpaid, it's good to know that our president is taking care of the most important of his employees. Mike Pence, cabinet secretaries and deputy secretaries, and other senior cabinet officials are getting $10,000 pay raises, because the provision of the funding act that freezes their salaries hasn't been renewed because no new law has gone into effect. So, tomorrow, Pence and the others will begin to reap the rewards of Donald Trump's largesse while the rest of the federal employees have to muddle along.

https://www.newsweek.com/government-shu ... ce-1279850

Ah, trump says the shutdown could go on for months or years but he expects the landlords of those who are going without pay to be understanding.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:08 pm 
Offline
No Scritches!!!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Posts: 19871
Location: God's Country
Bob78164 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men has apparently reached its expiration date.

I guess you folks don't observe the Feast of the Epiphany :roll:
This is going to start hitting close to home for some of us sooner rather than later. I think that at least snaxx and aj will miss paychecks if this doesn't get solved soon. I'm not sure about ear. --Bob


I don't know about Snaxx and AJ, but a young friend (whose Mom I've mentioned here because of her wine-making skills) is short a mortgage payment. Mom can bail her out this month, but if this goes on longer than another month or so, she will have to find a temporary job, letting that employer know that she'll go back to her federal job with good benefits as soon as the furlough is over. She put herself through college as a bartender, so I'm sure she'll find something, even though the hours will be bad and there will be no benefits.

It's just very discouraging, imagining this young woman and hundreds of thousands of others out of a paycheck, trash and sewage piling up in national parks, and the bazillion other things we used to take for granted but can't anymore. :(

_________________
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:16 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17729
Location: By the phone
SportsFan68 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men has apparently reached its expiration date.

I guess you folks don't observe the Feast of the Epiphany :roll:
This is going to start hitting close to home for some of us sooner rather than later. I think that at least snaxx and aj will miss paychecks if this doesn't get solved soon. I'm not sure about ear. --Bob


I don't know about Snaxx and AJ, but a young friend (whose Mom I've mentioned here because of her wine-making skills) is short a mortgage payment. Mom can bail her out this month, but if this goes on longer than another month or so, she will have to find a temporary job, letting that employer know that she'll go back to her federal job with good benefits as soon as the furlough is over. She put herself through college as a bartender, so I'm sure she'll find something, even though the hours will be bad and there will be no benefits.

It's just very discouraging, imagining this young woman and hundreds of thousands of others out of a paycheck, trash and sewage piling up in national parks, and the bazillion other things we used to take for granted but can't anymore. :(
Including tax refunds. Those aren’t happening either until Treasury gets funded. If this is what Donny means by so much winning, I think I’m already tired of it. —Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.