The Netflix Marvel "massacre"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

The Netflix Marvel "massacre"

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:34 pm

I just found out that Netflix has been announcing cancellations of a bunch of series based on Marvel comics. Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil have already streamed their final seasons on the service. Speculation is rampant that The Punisher and Jessica Jones also will be cancelled shortly after their next seasons.

This makes me sad. Other than Iron Fist, I've thought that these series ranged from good to bordering on great, particularly the first season of Jessica Jones. I hope they find another home that's accessible to me for an amount of money that I'm willing to spend. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

Re: The Netflix Marvel "massacre"

#2 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:04 pm

Disney will debut its own streaming service, expected late this year. Since they own Marvel, you may see the Netflix series wind up there. Apparently there are shows being prepared for Loki, and for Scarlet Witch, with plans for other lesser Marvel characters who have not gotten their own movies. Add to that all the Marvel theatrical movies that will go there instead of Netflix, all of the Star Wars properties including a new series being planned, and of course all of the vast universe of Disney and Pixar content, and it's shaping up to be quite the formidable streaming contender.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:59 pm

T_Bone0806 wrote:Disney will debut its own streaming service, expected late this year. Since they own Marvel, you may see the Netflix series wind up there. Apparently there are shows being prepared for Loki, and for Scarlet Witch, with plans for other lesser Marvel characters who have not gotten their own movies. Add to that all the Marvel theatrical movies that will go there instead of Netflix, all of the Star Wars properties including a new series being planned, and of course all of the vast universe of Disney and Pixar content, and it's shaping up to be quite the formidable streaming contender.
I can't wait for the Marvel/Star Wars crossover. :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:27 pm

I got a year's free subscription to the DC Universe channel which is a Warner Brothers property. The channel has one new series, a live action Teen Titans and they are developing a Swamp Thing show. They also have all the Christopher Reeve and Michael Keaton Superman and Batman movies and a bunch of animated movies and most of the older TV series except for 60s Batman.

I wouldn't pay the $7 a month for it, but since it's free for a year, my daughter watches it mostly. They also have a half hour show five days a week that's like the Talking Dead about all the various TV series and movies that are ongoing.

I think eventually Warner is going to roll it into their streaming channel with all their old movies and other properties like Harry Potter so they can take Disney on directly.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com