Now the scammers want me to come work for them

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Greyhound Dude

Now the scammers want me to come work for them

#1 Post by Greyhound Dude » Tue May 06, 2008 2:53 pm

I have posted my resume on Careerbuilder.com, possibly looking for a new job, and I received this email today. Apparently all I have to do is join this company, receive checks from their customers and I get to keep 8%. Sounds like a deal to me. Yeah right.
I've attached the email for everyone's enjoyment. Watch out for the typos and grammatical errors.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings! Our company is registred in the Careerbuilder company. We have reviewed your resume and are eager to inform you that we are ready to offer you a vacant position.

If you are intrested in getting the job in our company please visit our web-site CLICK HERE

We looked through your skills and became sure that you correspond to our requirements.

Job scheme will comprise the following:

1. You receive payments from our customers (By checks, Money orders e.t.c)
2. Than you fill forms with details of received payments in your Internet Office
3. Transfer money to our main office by requested methods.

Your earning will be 8 % of the amount of each completed payment please answer this message with your Сontact Infomation and Attach your Resume to e-mail.

Additionally we are going to effect you $ 1500 as your salary at the end of each month.

This job will allow you to:
- Efficiently work at home;
- Get additional free time;
- Get financial independence working only 3-5 hours per day;

General requirements:
- Prior customer service experience is a good benefit;
- Effective interaction with customers;
- Ability to create good administrative reporting;
- Internet and e-mail skills; Experience in online work;

In addition we will be able to offer you $ 2500 as a monthly payment after completion of the trial period.

In case you are interested in the position, please register at our web site and get there futher instructions.

IF YOU WISH TO JOIN OUR TEAM PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB-SITE AND CLICK "FINANCIAL AGENT" SINGUP BUTTON
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do these "clowns" actually think people are going to fall for this B.S.? I guess some people do. Furthermore, I know what a signup button is, but I have no idea what a "singup" button is (read the last line of the email carefully). Maybe I need to be singing while they clean out my bank account. Who knows.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Now the scammers want me to come work for them

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Job scheme will comprise the following:
At least they're honest about calling it a scheme! :twisted:

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#3 Post by kayrharris » Tue May 06, 2008 3:56 pm

My sister got an offer by e-mail from Ashley Furniture (supposedly) to collect payments from their Asian customers. All she had to do was deposit their checks, keep her percentage (I forget what it was) then buy a money order to send to them. Isn't that special?

She didn't even apply for a job anywhere. She teaches piano for a living.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue May 06, 2008 5:17 pm

Are they really registered with Careerbuilder? If they are, perhaps you can forward the message to TPTB at Careerbuilder.

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Wed May 07, 2008 6:17 am

Write back and tell them you wish to negotiate your compensation.