At Least AOC doesn't mispronounce Nuclear

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: At Least AOC doesn't mispronounce Nuclear

#76 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:33 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:Someone copied & pasted this into a comment on an article about AOC:

Cortez Is still running around the Capital looking for Phil Abusters office.
She says she wants to be on the appropriations committee because she understands when something is appropriate.
She says we shouldn’t just teach Civics in schools, we should teach about all automobiles.
When they delivered a new TV to her office and read on the box built-in antenna she asked the delivery person if antenna was a city in China.
She just completed a jigsaw puzzle that said 5-7 years, she was so proud to get it done in 2 weeks.
When asked of her choice for speaker of the house she said Bose.
She says she supports veterans because they help pets.
She wore a sleeveless shirt at a meeting to support her right to bare arms.
She wanted a trade embargo on Romania because of tainted romaine lettuce.
She wanted to know how much tuition is at the Electoral College.
So they're trying to caricature her as stupid and/or ditzy when all of the evidence is to the contrary. --Bob
It's her gender. See Hillary and Nancy Pelosi. If this was Rep. Alexander Ocasio-Cortez, we wouldn't have heard two peeps out of the right wingers.
No. Actually it's because she's ditzy.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#77 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So they're trying to caricature her as stupid and/or ditzy when all of the evidence is to the contrary. --Bob

All evidence? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, really. From the award she won in a national high school science competition to her degree at a pretty good university to her accomplishment in defeating an entrenched incumbent to her ability to single handedly shift the policy conversation substantially to the left, she has consistently demonstrated her intelligence.

Note on she threaded the needle on January 3. She voted for Speaker Pelosi (thereby saving at least one newly elected Democrat a vote he or she would have found uncomfortable), but then she voted against the rules package to signal that she hasn't been coopted.

What I think is really going on is that Republicans are afraid that her policy preferences are gaining traction so they're trying to make her an object of ridicule as a way of attacking her long-term effectiveness. And yes, I think they're playing to stereotypes of women in the process. This isn't mocking her as some sort of a wild-eyed radical (which she's not). This is mocking her as stupid, which she's definitely not. --Bob
Just like the dems and their servants in the media are afraid of trump and his policy preferences and have gone all out in making him an object of ridicule as a way of attacking his effectiveness? They are following their long term strategy of creating demeaning and negative caricatures of political opponents they are afraid of. trump is no wide eyed radical. He is implementing and supporting positions that are time tested or were supported by most high profile dem hypocrites just a few years ago. And he's definitely not stupid. He has implemented a lot of the things he's promised without one single bit of support from democrats. It is sad and concerning to me that he has, in part, used the dangerous precedents established by Obama to do so.

AOC is a radical extremist. By her own words. She might be 'educated' (indoctrinated), but her own words she has shown a shallow knowledge of history, geo-politics and economics. She is a fool. But she gets the press because she knows how to get it.

She is the dems latest version of Obama. A person with charisma and nothing else. She, like Obama, is a pawn.

My opinion.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#78 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:06 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

All evidence? Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, really. From the award she won in a national high school science competition to her degree at a pretty good university to her accomplishment in defeating an entrenched incumbent to her ability to single handedly shift the policy conversation substantially to the left, she has consistently demonstrated her intelligence.

Note on she threaded the needle on January 3. She voted for Speaker Pelosi (thereby saving at least one newly elected Democrat a vote he or she would have found uncomfortable), but then she voted against the rules package to signal that she hasn't been coopted.

What I think is really going on is that Republicans are afraid that her policy preferences are gaining traction so they're trying to make her an object of ridicule as a way of attacking her long-term effectiveness. And yes, I think they're playing to stereotypes of women in the process. This isn't mocking her as some sort of a wild-eyed radical (which she's not). This is mocking her as stupid, which she's definitely not. --Bob
Just like the dems and their servants in the media are afraid of trump and his policy preferences and have gone all out in making him an object of ridicule as a way of attacking his effectiveness? They are following their long term strategy of creating demeaning and negative caricatures of political opponents they are afraid of. trump is no wide eyed radical. He is implementing and supporting positions that are time tested or were supported by most high profile dem hypocrites just a few years ago. And he's definitely not stupid. He has implemented a lot of the things he's promised without one single bit of support from democrats. It is sad and concerning to me that he has, in part, used the dangerous precedents established by Obama to do so.

AOC is a radical extremist. By her own words. She might be 'educated' (indoctrinated), but her own words she has shown a shallow knowledge of history, geo-politics and economics. She is a fool. But she gets the press because she knows how to get it.

She is the dems latest version of Obama. A person with charisma and nothing else. She, like Obama, is a pawn.

My opinion.
The Democrats probably should use ridicule as a weapon against Donny, but thus far they have not. And there's nothing radical about advocating for a 70% MARGINAL rate on the portion of ORDINARY (as opposed to capital gains) income above $10 million in a year. Which is precisely what she advocated in her 60 Minutes interview.

Donny is very much an anti-democratic authoritarian who has been hamstrung primarily by his own incompetence. It's quite sobering to imagine what he could do to our democracy if he were the least bit competent. But fortunately he's too ego-driven and too bone-deep stupid to learn from his mistakes. Now that his party doesn't have complete control of Congress, we'll probably survive the next two years.

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez is earning respect. Donny, on the other hand, is the very epitome of someone who gets the press because he knows how to get it. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#79 Post by jarnon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:06 am

Bob78164 wrote:The Democrats probably should use ridicule as a weapon against Donny, but thus far they have not.
I guess you’re not on Twitter and don’t watch Saturday Night Live. At the Democratic convention, months before Trump was elected, they showed humorous clips of him every hour.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Estonut
Evil Genius

#80 Post by Estonut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am

jarnon wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The Democrats probably should use ridicule as a weapon against Donny, but thus far they have not.
I guess you’re not on Twitter and don’t watch Saturday Night Live. At the Democratic convention, months before Trump was elected, they showed humorous clips of him every hour.
He doesn't watch late night TV, either. 3 of the 5 main hosts joke about nothing else.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#81 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:13 pm

jarnon wrote:
Both of these statements are true. I don't think I've watched Saturday Night Live since around its third season (I've probably seen a handful of episodes since then). --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#82 Post by Estonut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:
Both of these statements are true. I don't think I've watched Saturday Night Live since around its third season (I've probably seen a handful of episodes since then).
Hmmm. Haven't you claimed that you fully research things for yourself prior to posting?
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#83 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:I guess you’re not on Twitter and don’t watch Saturday Night Live. At the Democratic convention, months before Trump was elected, they showed humorous clips of him every hour.
Both of these statements are true. I don't think I've watched Saturday Night Live since around its third season (I've probably seen a handful of episodes since then).
Hmmm. Haven't you claimed that you fully research things for yourself prior to posting?
Tee hee. Snort
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#84 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:40 pm

AOC explaining her marginal tax rate proposal to Scott Walker (after he claimed she didn't know what she was talking about)
Explaining marginal taxes to a far-right former Governor:

Imagine if you did chores for abuela & she gave you $10. When you got home, you got to keep it, because it’s only $10.

Then we taxed the billionaire in town because he’s making tons of money underpaying the townspeople.
This was in response to Walker's quoting Ronald Reagan explaining the pre-Reagan tax rates:
“Imagine if you did chores for your grandma and she gave you $10. When you got home, your parents took $7 from you.” The students said: “That’s not fair!” Even 5th graders get it.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#85 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:41 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:Someone copied & pasted this into a comment on an article about AOC:

Cortez Is still running around the Capital looking for Phil Abusters office.
She says she wants to be on the appropriations committee because she understands when something is appropriate.
She says we shouldn’t just teach Civics in schools, we should teach about all automobiles.
When they delivered a new TV to her office and read on the box built-in antenna she asked the delivery person if antenna was a city in China.
She just completed a jigsaw puzzle that said 5-7 years, she was so proud to get it done in 2 weeks.
When asked of her choice for speaker of the house she said Bose.
She says she supports veterans because they help pets.
She wore a sleeveless shirt at a meeting to support her right to bare arms.
She wanted a trade embargo on Romania because of tainted romaine lettuce.
She wanted to know how much tuition is at the Electoral College.
So they're trying to caricature her as stupid and/or ditzy when all of the evidence is to the contrary.
Here's your smart, non-ditzy 2020 bartender flailing miserably during what should have been an easy interview with Jake Tapper.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#86 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 am

It's a good thing you and Jake Tapper weren't around when John F. Kennedy made his man to the moon speech or you would have been following it up demanding immediate specifics of how we were going to pay for it.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#87 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:47 am

I missed this when it came out. Representative Ocasio-Cortez's proposal for a 70% marginal federal tax rate on ordinary income above $10 million annually is broadly popular among bipartisan lines, enjoying the support of 59% of registered voters, including 60% of independents and 45% of Republicans. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#88 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I missed this when it came out. Representative Ocasio-Cortez's proposal for a 70% marginal federal tax rate on ordinary income above $10 million annually is broadly popular among bipartisan lines, enjoying the support of 59% of registered voters, including 60% of independents and 45% of Republicans. --Bob

Bread and Circuses has always been popular with the Dumbasses.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#89 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Bob78164 wrote:I missed this when it came out. Representative Ocasio-Cortez's proposal for a 70% marginal federal tax rate on ordinary income above $10 million annually is broadly popular among bipartisan lines, enjoying the support of 59% of registered voters, including 60% of independents and 45% of Republicans. --Bob

I guess it's time for you to stop complaining about Secretary Clinton's reference to "deplorables." --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#90 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

I guess it's time for you to stop complaining about Secretary Clinton's reference to "deplorables." --Bob
I guess it's time for you to stop complaining about Secretary Clinton's reference to "deplorables."
Whataboutism? She's not been in power for awhile. Why bring her up? Hypocrite.

Take from them, give to me. Poll me about it.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#91 Post by Vandal » Tue May 28, 2019 5:59 am

Fresno Grizzlies apologize to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Memorial Day tribute video
A minor-league baseball team apologized late Monday for "some misleading and offensive editing" in a Memorial Day tribute video that aired at its stadium.

The Class AAA Fresno Grizzlies said the video, which was broadcast between the two games of its doubleheader Monday, was intended to be "a moving tribute" to the armed forces. But as the voice of President Ronald Regan mentioned "enemies of freedom," the video showed an image of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., between images of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un and former Cuban president Fidel Castro, according to Fresno Bee reporter Carmen George, who was present at the stadium.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 256080001/
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

silverscreenselect

#92 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue May 28, 2019 6:46 am

Vandal wrote:Fresno Grizzlies apologize to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for Memorial Day tribute video
A minor-league baseball team apologized late Monday for "some misleading and offensive editing" in a Memorial Day tribute video that aired at its stadium.

The Class AAA Fresno Grizzlies said the video, which was broadcast between the two games of its doubleheader Monday, was intended to be "a moving tribute" to the armed forces. But as the voice of President Ronald Regan mentioned "enemies of freedom," the video showed an image of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., between images of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un and former Cuban president Fidel Castro, according to Fresno Bee reporter Carmen George, who was present at the stadium.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 256080001/
In a related story, Donald Trump has sent out some nasty tweets slamming the Grizzlies for mentioning his good friend Kim Jong-un as an enemy of freedom.