Ball game today

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Ball game today

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Mon May 27, 2019 2:58 pm

Taking advantage of today's holiday to take my son to watch our beloved Mets in person. As a bonus, we're getting a pitching combination with a decent chance of being a prime matchup: DeGrom v. Kershaw. We're planning to be there as soon as the gates open in the hope of seeing batting practice. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

goongas

Re: Ball game today

#2 Post by goongas » Mon May 27, 2019 3:20 pm

I watched the Yankees today in person beat your neighbors, the Padres :)

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Mon May 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Taking advantage of today's holiday to take my son to watch our beloved Mets in person. As a bonus, we're getting a pitching combination with a decent chance of being a prime matchup: DeGrom v. Kershaw. We're planning to be there as soon as the gates open in the hope of seeing batting practice. --Bob
Are your seats where you may be able to make a cameo on TV?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:57 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Taking advantage of today's holiday to take my son to watch our beloved Mets in person. As a bonus, we're getting a pitching combination with a decent chance of being a prime matchup: DeGrom v. Kershaw. We're planning to be there as soon as the gates open in the hope of seeing batting practice. --Bob
Quite possibly. Field level barely to the first base side of the plate. Row N may be too high to be in the shot, though. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 am

We went to a game a few years ago when Syndegaard hit two homers. We’re definitely visible in the background as Syndegaard trots down the third base line. —Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Tue May 28, 2019 3:36 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Taking advantage of today's holiday to take my son to watch our beloved Mets in person. As a bonus, we're getting a pitching combination with a decent chance of being a prime matchup: DeGrom v. Kershaw. We're planning to be there as soon as the gates open in the hope of seeing batting practice.
Quite possibly. Field level barely to the first base side of the plate. Row N may be too high to be in the shot, though.
Spoiler
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx