I'm confused

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

I'm confused

#1 Post by earendel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Last night I watched Shrek 2 on the FX channel. I noticed that there were some changes from what I recalled seeing previously, notably the voice talents for the "ugly sister" at the bar (voiced by Larry King according to IMDB) and the reporter covering the engagement ball (voiced by and animated to appear like Joan Rivers). But last night those voices were unquestionably British, and when I checked online, I found that when the film was released in the UK, those voices were redubbed because it was felt British audiences would identify more with the pop culture references. OK, I can buy that. But what I don't understand is why FX would broadcast the UK version rather than the US theatrical version.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: I'm confused

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:17 pm

earendel wrote:Last night I watched Shrek 2 on the FX channel. I noticed that there were some changes from what I recalled seeing previously, notably the voice talents for the "ugly sister" at the bar (voiced by Larry King according to IMDB) and the reporter covering the engagement ball (voiced by and animated to appear like Joan Rivers). But last night those voices were unquestionably British, and when I checked online, I found that when the film was released in the UK, those voices were redubbed because it was felt British audiences would identify more with the pop culture references. OK, I can buy that. But what I don't understand is why FX would broadcast the UK version rather than the US theatrical version.

Well, it obviously isn't part of some vast government conspiracy or other political chicanery, otherwise this post would have about 50 replies by now...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com