Tarrant County Republicans to vote on racism

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Tarrant County Republicans to vote on racism

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm

The current Vice Chair of the Tarrant County (Texas) Republican Party, Shahid Shafi, is a naturalized U.S. citizen who is practices Islam. The Party will vote tomorrow on whether to remove him from his position. A proponent of the motion has written, "We don’t think he’s suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he’d be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U.S., in Tarrant County, and in the TCGOP." According to the County Chair who appointed Shafi as Vice Chair, "[Shafi’s] very active with the party, but most of the people don’t even care about what he’s done. Most of them already have a prejudice against Muslims, and a lot of that comes from the attack on 9/11 and the Shariah law they claim all Muslims must obey."

To their credit, a number of statewide Republicans (including Senator Cruz, Land Commissioner George P. Bush, and former Texas House Speaker Joe Straus) have come out against the effort, as has the state party's executive committee.

The vote is scheduled for tomorrow. I'll be interested to see just how eager Tarrant County Republicans are to throw someone out of leadership because he practices Islam. This incident lends further support to my hypothesis that Donny's ascent is facilitating the takeover of the Republican Party by racists because there are now enough of them in the Party to control the levers of power, people repulsed by Donny's racism are leaving the Party, and the racists who remain are using their power to push everyone else out of the Party. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Tarrant County Republicans to vote on racism

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:11 pm

You are a provincial dork.
Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Damnit! You pulled me out of my winter's sleep! :x

And yet there is no vote on racism in the Harris County Democratic party, and to no one's credit there doesn't seem to be any concern within the party.

Meet Odus Evbagharu - he's the communications director for the Harris County Democrat Party. And Odus is now the chief of staff for Democrat State Rep. Jon Rosenthal.
The tweet was from December 4th, 2018 - Odus was referring to an elderly white voter in Houston as "Ole Pasty".

Basically Odus, a leader at the Harris County Democrat Party, thinks being old and white is demeaning and derogatory.
In short, the communications director of Harris County Democrat Party used the "N" word an almost countless number of times (dozens and dozens - too many to count).
On May 26th, 2017, Odus Tweeted, "plug, plug, plug, i'm the plug for her - she want a n**** that pull her hair and hold the door for her."
You stay classy, Texas Democrats.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:27 pm

BackInTex wrote:Damnit! You pulled me out of my winter's sleep! :x

And yet there is no vote on racism in the Harris County Democratic party, and to no one's credit there doesn't seem to be any concern within the party.

Meet Odus Evbagharu - he's the communications director for the Harris County Democrat Party. And Odus is now the chief of staff for Democrat State Rep. Jon Rosenthal.
The tweet was from December 4th, 2018 - Odus was referring to an elderly white voter in Houston as "Ole Pasty".

Basically Odus, a leader at the Harris County Democrat Party, thinks being old and white is demeaning and derogatory.
In short, the communications director of Harris County Democrat Party used the "N" word an almost countless number of times (dozens and dozens - too many to count).
On May 26th, 2017, Odus Tweeted, "plug, plug, plug, i'm the plug for her - she want a n**** that pull her hair and hold the door for her."
You stay classy, Texas Democrats.
You're still trying to be king of Whataboutistan?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.