The 2019 Lyrically Speaking Winter (Un)Extravaganza Rules!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

The 2019 Lyrically Speaking Winter (Un)Extravaganza Rules!

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:15 am

Predictably starting a week late as usual! Yep, I'll be flying by the seat of my pants once again with just one game and a handful of ideas in the notebook so far... but that's what makes these recent LSWE's so much fun.

Copying and pasting largely from last year's rules (Which copied the 2017 rules, which copied the 2016 rules, yada yada blah blah)...

The basic LSWE rules:

The game will be 5 weeks long, running from Monday January 14th through Friday February 15th, 2019. There's an outside chance I may extend the game should I get a burst of inspiration over the coming weeks, but don't count on that. Games will be posted each weekday, and will officially close when I post the answers the following morning (Monday morning for Friday games). The exception will be the first game, which I will leave open until Wednesday morning since my lack of a solid starting date may catch a few regular players napping. (Yes, I am keeping this first game rule for this year)

1 point for each correct title, 1 point for each correct artist.

Don't cheat. Just don't. No outside sources are allowed.

Please post your answers using the "spoiler=" tags! Those are the tags that give you a spoiler that looks like.....

Spoiler
this

Bonuses:

JJ Cale Points - Arbitrary bonus points awarded by me for arbitrary reasons that tickle my fancy. You can earn up to three, or if you really impress me... you can get a 5 point supermax. Nobody has ever gotten exactly 4 JJC points in a single game before, and they never will so long as I'm alive...

Kroxquo Bonus - Name another song with artist that fits the theme of that day's game (or whatever I ask for), and receive two points (Or whatever I promise). You can NOT reuse an artist that you identified in that game. You CAN reuse theme elements you've identified in the game unless I specifically state otherwise.

Attendance Bonus - Awarded every Monday for the previous week... you get 5 points if you played all 5 games, 3 points for playing 4 games, and 1 point for playing 3 games. You must at least attempt to answer something in a game to receive credit for playing that day (The anti-Present rule). At the end of the LSWE, everyone who played all 25 games will receive a 10 point bonus.

Annie Bonus - You can replace the word "girl" or "girls" in a song title with "squirrel" or "squirrels" (as appropriate, don't get cute) for a bonus point. Girl or girls in a parenthetical part of the title (I HATE parenthetical titles, and so should you) does not count for the Annie Bonus.

The Shithouse Rats Award - The player who cracked me up the most... either with a single post or a cumulative effort throughout the season, will win this prestigious honor and the 10 point bonus that comes with it.

Image Bonus - I'll ask you to find an image from somewhere off the internet that in some way relates to the theme of the game, or whatever I may ask for. You get 5 points for finding an appropriate image, and the poster of the most creative/clever/one I like best image for each game will get an extra 5 point bonus (The illustrious Image Bonus Bonus). Please, have lots of fun with this... it's my favorite LSWE bonus and I love what you guys come up with! And if you need help remembering how to post images, scroll down to where Esto helps out with this towards the bottom of the 2015 rules thread.
PLEASE NOTE that Google changed the way their Image Search allows you to get urls for images at some point during last year's LSWE, and that more difficult format is still being used now. After finding an image you want to use and clicking on it, try right clicking on the image display that comes up and selecting "Properties." Many times, you can copy and paste the correct link from there, but make sure it ends in a .jpg/.png type of extension. You can test the link in a new window to see if it is indeed the correct url.

Don't forget the Phil Collins Rule... answering the lead singer for a band song is fine if that lead singer had a reasonably well known solo career and actually sang lead on the song in question. Answering the band for a solo singer song will not get you credit at all.

Feel free to bring up any scoring issues with me. I'm not prefect and I make misteaks. All other issues may be addressed and have their cases made known... but my ultimate decisions are final. It's a Bored game for crying out loud!

And last but absolutely never least....

I hope to see all my regular players (and new players are always welcome!) bright and early Monday morning for the 12th annual edition of the LSWE!
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: The 2019 Lyrically Speaking Winter (Un)Extravaganza Rule

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm

This looks very difficult and complicated. I have to go to the bank and the movies on Monday; I therefore demand a simplified version of the rules for myself.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:34 am

SportsFan68 wrote:This looks very difficult and complicated. I have to go to the bank and the movies on Monday; I therefore demand a simplified version of the rules for myself.

I haven't changed a rule in the LSWE in four years. How is this any more difficult and complicated than last time, or are you just already making lame excuses?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:13 am

Oh boy!
Well, then

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:23 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:This looks very difficult and complicated. I have to go to the bank and the movies on Monday; I therefore demand a simplified version of the rules for myself.

I haven't changed a rule in the LSWE in four years. How is this any more difficult and complicated than last time, or are you just already making lame excuses?

lb13
LAME???!!! I wasn't trying for LAME. I now realize that since there hasn't been a rule change in four years, I should have received 10 POINTS PER DAY every time I played. I'm sure that puts me in the Top Ten every year. I'll just consider it done.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:08 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
LAME???!!! I wasn't trying for LAME. I now realize that since there hasn't been a rule change in four years, I should have received 10 POINTS PER DAY every time I played. I'm sure that puts me in the Top Ten every year. I'll just consider it done.
What she said!
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:46 pm

When do you plan to set these rules to music? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Lizbit
Four-Footer

#8 Post by Lizbit » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Me and Wiki are going to play as a team. I'm putting my little sister to be in charge of the images. I want her to get familiar with the computer and the innernets to help her get ready for home school. When BeBe was here, she loved looking at pictures and picking one for a game, so I hope that will be true for the Wikster, too.

We won't be very good at identifying the lyrics. We don't care. We follow the Hottie Rule faithfully!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Lizbit wrote:Me and Wiki are going to play as a team. I'm putting my little sister to be in charge of the images. I want her to get familiar with the computer and the innernets to help her get ready for home school. When BeBe was here, she loved looking at pictures and picking one for a game, so I hope that will be true for the Wikster, too.

We won't be very good at identifying the lyrics. We don't care. We follow the Hottie Rule faithfully!
You go, girl! I'm going back right now to look at yours and Wiki's images.