This One From Sprots-AGW VS AI

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

This One From Sprots-AGW VS AI

#1 Post by Spock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:43 am

Sprots in another thread>>>What I consider to be the most earth-shaking news of this century, the data-driven report about how much in danger the planet is from climate change, hit Trump's desk in November. Trump and his minions promptly dismissed it, and the MSM followed suit! The report said that we are at our last chance if we start now to ameliorate the horrors we've visited on the planet the past centuries. It should be Page One every day! <<<

I really have no interest in turning this into a global warming thread. Sprots has touched on something that I have been thinking about.

Taken from the internets-there are young people who won't have babies because they are scared of Global Warming-but they have no concerns about Artificial Intelligence.

Then I think of Stephen Hawking (among others) and his concerns about Artificial Intelligence.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/stephen ... ation.html

Among all the Bored members-I think Sprots and I are the closest to nature.

My fear (prediction, maybe) is that the rapidly approaching Artificial Intelligence world we are building has no room for nature-or humanity, for that matter.
Last edited by Spock on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spock

Re: This One From Sprots-AGW VS AI

#2 Post by Spock » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:57 am

Adding a little bit.

Everybody's an "environmentalist", but nobody knows anything about nature.

Our young people are almost fully separated from nature now.

We have already seen that (for the most part) there is no place for nature in the world that smart phones and video games have built.