Cohen says he paid to rig online polls at Trump’s direction

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Cohen says he paid to rig online polls at Trump’s direction

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am

Those who’ve spent a considerable amount of time online have come across websites that invite visitors to vote in online unscientific polls. They generally tell us very little about public attitudes, but people often like to register their opinions, and website operators often like to create ways to engage visitors, so they’re fairly common. Those who understand social-science research know to ignore the results.

Donald Trump is not one of those people. In fact, he’s complained more than once about the results of online unscientific polls that failed to make him look good.

With this in mind, the Wall Street Journal published a rather remarkable article this morning on Michael Cohen’s efforts – when he was Trump’s personal lawyer and “fixer” – to “rig online polls in his boss’s favor” before the 2016 elections.
Rest of article: http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... -direction
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

Re: Cohen says he paid to rig online polls at Trump’s direct

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:56 pm

Is that better or worse than Donna Brazile giving Clinton the debate questions ahead of time?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Cohen says he paid to rig

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:34 pm

BackInTex wrote:Is that better or worse than Donna Brazile giving Clinton the debate questions ahead of time?
Try criminal fraud.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Give me enough money and I'll vote in any online poll as many times as you want.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:48 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Is that better or worse than Donna Brazile giving Clinton the debate questions ahead of time?
Try criminal fraud.
For which one? Clinton's "unrehearsed" answers were fraud. I don't know about the criminality. Why would some online poll be more legally important than a presidential debate?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: Cohen says he paid to rig online

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Give me enough money and I'll vote in any online poll as many times as you want.
It's no wonder you and Donald Trump see eye to eye on so many things.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:10 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Try criminal fraud.
I think you're overstating the significance of this particular incident. It's cheesy, but I can see ordinary politicians doing this. However, most of them would be embarrassed and hurt in the (real) polls when they got caught. Donny's supporters don't seem to care what he does. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:48 pm

You really do want to be the king of Whataboutistan.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
You really do want to be the king of Whataboutistan.

I’ll take that as a “what Brazile did is worse”.
~~ Thomas Jefferson