Thinking it's popcorn time

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
a1mamacat

Thinking it's popcorn time

#1 Post by a1mamacat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:12 pm

Buzzfeed
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Thinking it's popcorn time

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:40 pm

You mean this story about how Donny directly instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress? Sounds like eyewitness testimony that Donny is guilty of conspiracy and obstruction of justice to me. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Bob78164 wrote:You mean this story about how Donny directly instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress? Sounds like eyewitness testimony that Donny is guilty of conspiracy and obstruction of justice to me. --Bob
...according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Strzok and Page? or Laurel and Hardy?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:You mean this story about how Donny directly instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress? Sounds like eyewitness testimony that Donny is guilty of conspiracy and obstruction of justice to me. --Bob
...according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

I will have to admit, reluctantly, that there is some definite, incontrovertible proof that the president conspired with Russian officials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgQaFlo_p8
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:13 am

Bob78164 wrote:You mean this story about how Donny directly instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress?
The model of Trump Tower Moscow is fake. The sign on top should say ТРАМП not TRUMP.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:09 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Won't matter. You still won't believe it even when you hear Cohen give that testimony under oath to the House. It's one of the primary symptoms of your serious case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#7 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Won't matter. You still won't believe it even when you hear Cohen give that testimony under oath to the House. It's one of the primary symptoms of your serious case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome. --Bob
No, I don't think I would believe one word Cohen utters.

I'll believe it when there's actual EVIDENCE, bob-tel. Not unnamed sources cited by the alleged news organization that decided to publish Hillary's dossier on trump as news.

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:43 am

I'll believe it when there's actual EVIDENCE, bob-tel. Not unnamed sources cited by the alleged news organization that decided to publish Hillary's dossier on trump as news.
It's amazing how you're so much more trusting of right wing news sources.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 am

silverscreenselect wrote:

What's amazing to me is not a single one of you addresses the Obama film clip. Just cry 'whataboutism' and move along to the next little fit of hysteria on your list. Not a word, that I've seen from any of you, expressing any concern at all about that. Fascinating, really.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Buster Snopes
Myth Mashing Merry Man

#10 Post by Buster Snopes » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:29 am

I will have to admit, reluctantly, that there is some definite, incontrovertible proof that the president conspired with Russian officials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgQaFlo_p8

A hot microphone picked up President Obama telling Russian President Dmitri Medvedev he would have more flexibility to negotiate on issues like missile defense after the 2012 election.

True

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama ... ty-russia/
Obama was quoted the following day saying he wasn’t trying to “hide the ball,” and would carry through with negotiations with Russia. In May 2016, after nearly a decade of planning (and over the continued objections of Russia), the NATO missile defense system in Europe was finally launched.

Fast-forwarding to December 2016, it is unclear precisely what equivalence, if any, is supposed to exist between Obama’s 2012 vow of “flexibility” and claims that Russia took Trump’s side in the presidential election, but sources such as CNSNews.com emphasized Obama’s persistent criticism of Trump’s alleged closeness to Vladimir Putin:

While campaigning for Hillary Clinton in October, Obama criticized Republican Donald Trump’s “continued flattery of Mr. Putin and the degree to which he appears to model many of his policies and approaches” after those of Putin.
IMPOSSUMBLE!!!!

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 am

Flock may be happy to know he'll soon have the "evidence" that he needs. The House has already announced it's launching an investigation into these claims.

Isn't it great when you have at least one branch of Congress that does its job?

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Flock may be happy to know he'll soon have the "evidence" that he needs. The House has already announced it's launching an investigation into these claims.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 pm

You seem to be constantly amused and amazed at everything. Are these the same unnamed sources that have said for over a year that trump was firing rosenstein? That trump called the violent white supremacists and the equally violent antifa radicals 'good people'. The same sources that report that trump is xxxx, as long as xxxx is negative?
People who buy all this crap are what amazes me.

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:55 pm

You seem to be constantly amused and amazed at everything. Are these the same unnamed sources that have said for over a year that trump was firing rosenstein? That trump called the violent white supremacists and the equally violent antifa radicals 'good people'. The same sources that report that trump is xxxx, as long as xxxx is negative?
You're like a football fan trying to convince yourself your team has a good chance to win when they're down two touchdowns in the last minute.

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:18 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Buzzfeed's article isn't based on anything Cohen said.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#16 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm

No corroboration of stuff yet. Sorta like I heard that someone said to their neighbor that Pelosi is a stripper on weekends for Russian oligarchs during campaign season. Urp.
And the reporter...https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

edited for misspelling
Last edited by Beebs52 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well, then

Vandal
Director of Promos

#17 Post by Vandal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:35 pm

You're like a football fan trying to convince yourself your team has a good chance to win when they're down two touchdowns in the last minute.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

flockofseagulls104

#18 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Beebs52 wrote:No corroboration of stuff yet. Sorta like I heard that someone said to their neighbor that Pelosi is a stripper on weekends for Russian oligarchs during campaign season. Urp.
And the reporter...https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

edited for misspelling
Uggh. Why did you have to say that? Lost my lunch.

flockofseagulls104

#19 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:00 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Flock may be happy to know he'll soon have the "evidence" that he needs. The House has already announced it's launching an investigation into these claims.

Oh, have they called it off now that Mueller has called bullshit? No, they already have written their conclusions, they just have to fake an investigation.

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:09 am

bob-tel, let me introduce you to FAKE NEWS. FAKE NEWS, this is bob-tel, first of his name, ethical, above-average lawyer, the perpetually outraged.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#21 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:39 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Won't matter. You still won't believe it even when you hear Cohen give that testimony under oath to the House. It's one of the primary symptoms of your serious case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome. --Bob

Interesting. It turns out that Mueller says this was not based on anything ANYONE said, except for the sketchy writers. One would have to be an absolute moron to ever pay anything to either of them again.

I'm sure that apologies are forthcoming from those here who believed this, propagated it and then slammed others who questioned it.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#22 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:43 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:No, I don't think I would believe one word Cohen utters.

Interesting. It turns out that Mueller says this was not based on anything ANYONE said, except for the sketchy writers. One would have to be an absolute moron to ever pay anything to either of them again.

I'm sure that apologies are forthcoming from those here who believed this, propagated it and then slammed others who questioned it.
If you're referring to me (since you quoted me), I'm not retracting a damn thing. What I said is that flock would refuse to believe eyewitness testimony even if he heard it for himself. Flock admitted that I was right. That essentially means that in his eyes his hypothesis (Donny did nothing wrong) is not falsifiable. And that makes it a religious belief, not something that can be the subject of rational discussion. At least, not with him -- his case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome is incurable.

But I've never really thought otherwise. Flock does, however, make a useful illustration of just how far Donny's apologists are willing to go to refuse to see what's becoming increasingly obvious. And I continue to think that some of the people silently reading these threads are finding the extent of their denial educational and alarming.

And as for the Obama clip, what we have here is a democratic head of state acknowledging that he'll have more freedom to consider compromises that may be politically unpopular after an election than before one. If that surprises anyone at all, it's time to grow up and join the real world. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#23 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:08 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Buzzfeed's article isn't based on anything Cohen said.

If you're referring to me (since you quoted me), I'm not retracting a damn thing. What I said is that flock would refuse to believe eyewitness testimony even if he heard it for himself. Flock admitted that I was right. That essentially means that in his eyes his hypothesis (Donny did nothing wrong) is not falsifiable. And that makes it a religious belief, not something that can be the subject of rational discussion. At least, not with him -- his case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome is incurable.

But I've never really thought otherwise. Flock does, however, make a useful illustration of just how far Donny's apologists are willing to go to refuse to see what's becoming increasingly obvious. And I continue to think that some of the people silently reading these threads are finding the extent of their denial educational and alarming.
I wasn't specifically quoting you. Perhaps I should have quoted all three of you. Surprisingly, BJ was the least idiotic of the three of you this time.
Bob78164 wrote:You mean this story about how Donny directly instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress? Sounds like eyewitness testimony that Donny is guilty of conspiracy and obstruction of justice to me.
You wanted to believe this so badly that you ignored both the source and the established history of bullshit from the writers.
Bob78164 wrote:Won't matter. You still won't believe it even when you hear Cohen give that testimony under oath to the House. It's one of the primary symptoms of your serious case of Trump Fanboy Syndrome.
Do you still believe it even when you hear Mueller say it was all made up?
silverscreenselect wrote:It's amazing how you're so much more trusting of right wing news sources.
Because your sources, like Buzzfeed, are so interested in printing the truth?
Do you think they'll investigate anyway, to prove Mueller wrong?
silverscreenselect wrote:You're like a football fan trying to convince yourself your team has a good chance to win when they're down two touchdowns in the last minute.
Like fans of this team? It ain't over till it's over.
Bob Juch wrote:Buzzfeed's article isn't based on anything.
Fixed it for ya!

Of the three of you, you're the one who always claims to do your own research prior to posting your opinions. How did you verify this story?

It appears you learned nothing from the Newsweek/Iraq visit false story.

You used to be much better than this.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#24 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:47 am

Estonut wrote: Do you still believe it even when you hear Mueller say it was all made up?
First, Mueller did not say it was "all made up."
Mueller spokesman wrote:BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate."
Mueller rarely says anything about the case in public, and his court filings are very precise. I don't know exactly what his statement means but it's not a blanket denial of the story. It's amazing how Mueller gained tremendous credibility and integrity with you and all the other Mueller bashers in a matter of minutes once he released that statement.

No other news organization confirmed the Buzzfeed story, although I'm pretty sure they all checked it out with their own sources. Usually, when one organization breaks a big story, the others can confirm it within hours. And Buzzfeed's story was somewhat thinly sourced for this type of story. Again, a story of this nature usually has more than two sources.

But Buzzfeed has been very accurate on reporting some things, like the various Trump Tower stories they have broken over recent months. And, I would guess that they were on the line to their sources within minutes asking WTF was going on.

Contrary to what Trump supporters think, the mainstream news organizations take their credibility very seriously precisely for situations like this. They gave the Buzzfeed story enough weight to report on the fact it was issued.

BTW, the only "specific statement" I could find in the Buzzfeed story was this one:
Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.
You, Flock, and Trump can run your victory laps tonight, but this story is far from over.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#25 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:15 am

Estonut wrote: Do you still believe it even when you hear Mueller say it was all made up?
First, Mueller did not say it was "all made up."
Mueller spokesman wrote:BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate."
Sorry. To non-lawyers, a statement that is not accurate is called a lie. It is a work of fiction, or "made up."
silverscreenselect wrote:It's amazing how Mueller gained tremendous credibility and integrity with you and all the other Mueller bashers in a matter of minutes once he released that statement.]
Please cite a single instance where I have bashed Muller. I'll wait.
silverscreenselect wrote:No other news organization confirmed the Buzzfeed story, although I'm pretty sure they all checked it out with their own sources. Usually, when one organization breaks a big story, the others can confirm it within hours. And Buzzfeed's story was somewhat thinly sourced for this type of story. Again, a story of this nature usually has more than two sources.
Didn't the story itself mention the past lies and exaggerations by these phonies? They DID confirm that aspect, yet ran with it anyway.
silverscreenselect wrote:You, Flock, and Trump can run your victory laps tonight, but this story is far from over.
I'll do no such thing.
Groucho Marx