Thinking it's popcorn time

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

Re: Thinking it's popcorn time

#101 Post by jarnon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm

Appa23 wrote:Most of all, I am flummoxed why no adults (from school or just in the area) got involved either when the students were being confronted by the Black Hebrews or the Native American group. Someone needed to calmly tell Phillips to back away from the students and get out of their faces.
I went to a march with a similar name but a totally different purpose a year ago. I was with a group from two local churches, half of whom were teenagers. We had training beforehand on the ethical principles involved, what to do in D.C., and how to avoid or react to confrontation (luckily we didn't encounter any). The kids were told to stay together and close to the adult leaders.

We know there were chaperones nearby from Sandmann's statement. I can't understand why they aren't in any of the videos and didn't intervene.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#102 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:42 pm

jarnon wrote:
Appa23 wrote:Most of all, I am flummoxed why no adults (from school or just in the area) got involved either when the students were being confronted by the Black Hebrews or the Native American group. Someone needed to calmly tell Phillips to back away from the students and get out of their faces.
I went to a march with a similar name but a totally different purpose a year ago. I was with a group from two local churches, half of whom were teenagers. We had training beforehand on the ethical principles involved, what to do in D.C., and how to avoid or react to confrontation (luckily we didn't encounter any). The kids were told to stay together and close to the adult leaders.

We know there were chaperones nearby from Sandmann's statement. I can't understand why they aren't in any of the videos and didn't intervene.
I can only imagine the reaction if a chaperone had pushed his way in between the young guy and the NA guy. Oh wait, I don't really have to imagine too much, anyone with a brain knows how that narrative would have played out. From what you just wrote, I'd guess the young man reacted exactly as he'd been told. He stayed calm and did not escalate the situation. The 'adult' activist, on the other hand, not so much. And then, of course, the careless giddiness with which the media spread the false narrative without so much as a nod or quick wink to the idea of checking it's veracity, no big deal, right?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#103 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:59 pm

Alyssa Milano:
In a tweet Sunday, the actress and outspoken #MeToo activist likened the "Make America Great Again" hat worn by Trump supporters to the hood worn by members of the Ku Klux Klan.

"The red MAGA hat is the new white hood," the former "Charmed" star posted, before seemingly referencing a clip from a confrontation between Native American elder Nathan Phillips and a group of Catholic school students, which went viral.

Kathy Griffin:
Ps. The reply from the school was pathetic and impotent. Name these kids, Griffin said in a firey tweet Sunday morning. I want NAMES. Shame them. If you think these f---ers wouldn’t dox you in a heartbeat, think again.”

In a different tweet, she once again called for the doxing of the students that appear in the video.

Names please. And stories from people who can identify them and vouch for their identity. Thank you.

Ilhan Omar:
But Omar on Tuesday night responded to President Trump’s tweet defending Covington student Nick Sandmann and his peers -- by claiming they were taunting the black protesters despite accounts to the contrary and citing a videotaped comment about rape, though it's unclear whether it was one of the Covington students who said it.

She wrote: "The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled 'it's not rape if you enjoy it' ... They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants ... Sandmann's family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology."

But after an avalanche of criticism, the tweet had been removed by late morning on Wednesday.
Pretty nice.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#104 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
jarnon wrote:

I can only imagine the reaction if a chaperone had pushed his way in between the young guy and the NA guy. Oh wait, I don't really have to imagine too much, anyone with a brain knows how that narrative would have played out. From what you just wrote, I'd guess the young man reacted exactly as he'd been told. He stayed calm and did not escalate the situation. The 'adult' activist, on the other hand, not so much. And then, of course, the careless giddiness with which the media spread the false narrative without so much as a nod or quick wink to the idea of checking it's veracity, no big deal, right?
Have you seen this video?

https://vimeo.com/312330750

How about this one:
https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/sta ... 2283776003
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#105 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Alyssa Milano:
In a tweet Sunday, the actress and outspoken #MeToo activist likened the "Make America Great Again" hat worn by Trump supporters to the hood worn by members of the Ku Klux Klan.

"The red MAGA hat is the new white hood," the former "Charmed" star posted, before seemingly referencing a clip from a confrontation between Native American elder Nathan Phillips and a group of Catholic school students, which went viral.

Kathy Griffin:
Ps. The reply from the school was pathetic and impotent. Name these kids, Griffin said in a firey tweet Sunday morning. I want NAMES. Shame them. If you think these f---ers wouldn’t dox you in a heartbeat, think again.”

In a different tweet, she once again called for the doxing of the students that appear in the video.

Names please. And stories from people who can identify them and vouch for their identity. Thank you.

Ilhan Omar:
But Omar on Tuesday night responded to President Trump’s tweet defending Covington student Nick Sandmann and his peers -- by claiming they were taunting the black protesters despite accounts to the contrary and citing a videotaped comment about rape, though it's unclear whether it was one of the Covington students who said it.

She wrote: "The boys were protesting a woman's right to choose & yelled 'it's not rape if you enjoy it' ... They were taunting 5 Black men before they surrounded Phillips and led racist chants ... Sandmann's family hired a right wing PR firm to write his non-apology."

But after an avalanche of criticism, the tweet had been removed by late morning on Wednesday.
Pretty nice.
They're a classy bunch.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#106 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Moving on from this complete distraction to the original post of this thread, Michael Cohen has now announced that he is postponing his testimony before the House in response to Donny's threats against his family.

The guy working in the Oval Office publicly threatened a witness's father-in-law. This is not normal. It must never be normal. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#107 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm

tlynn78 wrote: I can only imagine the reaction if a chaperone had pushed his way in between the young guy and the NA guy.
The time for the chaperones to have intervened would have been before Nathan Phillips showed up, at a time when the students were clearly and understandably getting agitated at some of the remarks from the Black Hebrew Israelites. That's when a responsible chaperone would have moved the group away and defused the situation before it ever got started. Instead, according to what the students said, they asked the chaperones for permission to start doing taunting football cheers which involved one guy taking off his shirt and everyone else jumping out and down and chanting. That's not how you defuse a potentially tense situation.

Even after Phillips showed up and the students surrounded Phillips, the chaperones could have started moving them away from the outside in, pretty much the same way they break up a fight at a sporting event... pull those on the outside off first.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#108 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Moving on from this complete distraction to the original post of this thread, Michael Cohen has now announced that he is postponing his testimony before the House in response to Donny's threats against his family.

The guy working in the Oval Office publicly threatened a witness's father-in-law. This is not normal. It must never be normal. --Bob
Please cite. Rinse and repeat...
I am worried about you, too.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#109 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:14 pm

Bob78164 wrote:The guy working in the Oval Office publicly threatened a witness's father-in-law. This is not normal. It must never be normal. --Bob
It's normal. The Mafia and Mexican drug cartels do that all the time. The technical terms for it are "witness tampering" and "obstruction of justice."

My understanding is that even before Cohen cancelled that Mueller planned to limit his questioning to avoid interfering with his investigation.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#110 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Moving on from this complete distraction to the original post of this thread, Michael Cohen has now announced that he is postponing his testimony before the House in response to Donny's threats against his family.

Please cite. Rinse and repeat...
I am worried about you, too.
Worry about the country. Here's your cite. According to Donny on Fox News, Cohen "should give information maybe on his father-in-law, because that's the one that people want to look at." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#111 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The guy working in the Oval Office publicly threatened a witness's father-in-law. This is not normal. It must never be normal. --Bob
It's normal. The Mafia and Mexican drug cartels do that all the time. The technical terms for it are "witness tampering" and "obstruction of justice."

My understanding is that even before Cohen cancelled that Mueller planned to limit his questioning to avoid interfering with his investigation.
Where is the threat? Watch the fil? That's all ya got?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#112 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

Saying that the father-in-law "should be investigated" when you appoint the people who run the Justice Department is not a small thing. People got all hot and bothered when Bill Clinton spent a few minutes talking to Attorney General Lynch about their respective grandkids. This strikes me as more than a little worse. --Bob

Bob Juch

#113 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:32 pm

tlynn78 wrote: I can only imagine the reaction if a chaperone had pushed his way in between the young guy and the NA guy.
The time for the chaperones to have intervened would have been before Nathan Phillips showed up, at a time when the students were clearly and understandably getting agitated at some of the remarks from the Black Hebrew Israelites. That's when a responsible chaperone would have moved the group away and defused the situation before it ever got started. Instead, according to what the students said, they asked the chaperones for permission to start doing taunting football cheers which involved one guy taking off his shirt and everyone else jumping out and down and chanting. That's not how you defuse a potentially tense situation.

Even after Phillips showed up and the students surrounded Phillips, the chaperones could have started moving them away from the outside in, pretty much the same way they break up a fight at a sporting event... pull those on the outside off first.
That can be seen here:

The latest news is that some Covington parents are demanding their bishop apologize to them for apologizing to Phillips or they won't let their sons be confirmed.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#114 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Saying that the father-in-law "should be investigated" when you appoint the people who run the Justice Department is not a small thing. People got all hot and bothered when Bill Clinton spent a few minutes talking to Attorney General Lynch about their respective grandkids. This strikes me as more than a little worse. --Bob
Idiot. Apply at will. Bobbobbob
Well, then

tlynn78

#115 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

LMAO - of course it does, dear.

tlynn78

#116 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

That can be seen here:

The latest news is that some Covington parents are demanding their bishop apologize to them for apologizing to Phillips or they won't let their sons be confirmed.
As he should. BTW, not all those kids are white, as has been 'reported' (I use the term loosely)

Appa23

#117 Post by Appa23 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Taunting???? You think that those cheers were taunting??? "We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit, how 'bout you" is taunting???? I hate using the term "snowflake", because it is so overdone, but . . . .

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#118 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:07 pm

Appa23 wrote:

Taunting???? You think that those cheers were taunting??? "We've got spirit, yes we do, we've got spirit, how 'bout you" is taunting???? I hate using the term "snowflake", because it is so overdone, but . . . .
Slush-filled, salt laden, droopy snow. Beyond flakes.
Well, then

tlynn78

#119 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:10 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Appa23 wrote:

Slush-filled, salt laden, droopy snow. Beyond flakes.
Like that salty grey sludge in the wheel wells..

jarnon

#120 Post by jarnon » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
jarnon wrote:I went to a march with a similar name but a totally different purpose a year ago. I was with a group from two local churches, half of whom were teenagers. We had training beforehand on the ethical principles involved, what to do in D.C., and how to avoid or react to confrontation (luckily we didn't encounter any). The kids were told to stay together and close to the adult leaders.

Have you seen this video?

How about this one:
https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/sta ... 2283776003
I watched the first video. The kids reacted to taunting by behaving like they were at a pep rally. I doubt that's how the adult escorts advised them to avoid confrontation. I don't know why Phillips intervened, but the kids seemed entertained by his drumming.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Estonut
Evil Genius

#121 Post by Estonut » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:19 am

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#122 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:41 am

None of you liberals have even addressed this issue. Not surprising, because you are doing a victory dance over Roger Stone, indicted by the group that has ignored actual russian collusion by the Clinton campaign.

Why has not one democrat leader or MSM spokesidiot publicly defended the high school kids?
How do the vile Black Hebrew Israelites get a pass for their disgusting behavior.
How can you ignore the FACT that the MSM reported the story based on their own narrative, and even with facts and evidence that proved them wrong, that they doubled down on it and attacked the student's school, religion and hats they chose to wear?
How can you blame those of us that doubt the credibility of anything reported by the MSM?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#123 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:31 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:None of you liberals have even addressed this issue. Not surprising, because you are doing a victory dance over Roger Stone, indicted by the group that has ignored actual russian collusion by the Clinton campaign.

Why has not one democrat leader or MSM spokesidiot publicly defended the high school kids?
How do the vile Black Hebrew Israelites get a pass for their disgusting behavior.
How can you ignore the FACT that the MSM reported the story based on their own narrative, and even with facts and evidence that proved them wrong, that they doubled down on it and attacked the student's school, religion and hats they chose to wear?
How can you blame those of us that doubt the credibility of anything reported by the MSM?
Don't hold your breath.

flockofseagulls104

#124 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 pm

And one other question:
Why does the MSM never even mention the March for Life?

They will do specials on the Women's March. But why do they NEVER even bother to mention the March for Life, which happens every year?
I would think a crowd this big every year is news. Why is it not covered?

I think we know.

PS, aSSShole, I suppose you think every one of those people is a potential abortion clinic bomber, right?

silverscreenselect

#125 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:58 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:None of you liberals have even addressed this issue. Not surprising, because you are doing a victory dance over Roger Stone, indicted by the group that has ignored actual russian collusion by the Clinton campaign.
Flock, when you start an argument out with a sentence like this, you immediately sacrifice all your credibility.

Instead, you show yourself for what you are, a desperate, gullible tool looking for any reason to discredit the mountain of reporting about Trump administration misdeeds in favor of completely unfounded speculation generated by right-wing sources.