"Go back to Puerto Rico!"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

"Go back to Puerto Rico!"

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:16 pm

A Trump supporter yells 'Go back to Puerto Rico!' at Dem rep. Turns out it was a GOP congressman.
A Republican Congressman shouted at Rep. Tony Cárdenas (D-CA) to “Go back to Puerto Rico!” Thursday while Cárdenas was on the House floor.

Initially, and in typical GOP fashion, when Rep. Cárdenas demanded to know who shouted it, the classless GOP reps wouldn’t fess up.

”There was about 50 mostly male Republicans staring at me, and no one would admit that they said it. I asked several times but no one owned up to the fact that they said it.”

Rep. Cárdenas, who, by the way, has Mexican rather than Puerto Rican heritage, wouldn’t let the matter drop. Eventually, the culprit came forward. Rep. Jason T. Smith (R-Mo.) finally admitted to shouting it—several hours later.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/1 ... ongressman
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

Re: "Go back to Puerto Rico!"

#2 Post by Spock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:45 pm

Bob Juch wrote:A Trump supporter yells 'Go back to Puerto Rico!' at Dem rep. Turns out it was a GOP congressman.
A Republican Congressman shouted at Rep. Tony Cárdenas (D-CA) to “Go back to Puerto Rico!” Thursday while Cárdenas was on the House floor.

Initially, and in typical GOP fashion, when Rep. Cárdenas demanded to know who shouted it, the classless GOP reps wouldn’t fess up.

”There was about 50 mostly male Republicans staring at me, and no one would admit that they said it. I asked several times but no one owned up to the fact that they said it.”

Rep. Cárdenas, who, by the way, has Mexican rather than Puerto Rican heritage, wouldn’t let the matter drop. Eventually, the culprit came forward. Rep. Jason T. Smith (R-Mo.) finally admitted to shouting it—several hours later.
I would have thought that as the self-designated Bored newshound-you would have realized that many congressional Democrats have been vacationing in Puerto Rico during the shutdown.

Occam's Razor suggests that the comment was meant in that context.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Spock wrote:
I would have thought that as the self-designated Bored newshound-you would have realized that many congressional Democrats have been vacationing in Puerto Rico during the shutdown.

Calling that a "vacation" or "partying" is a gross misrepresentation.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/democ ... -shutdown/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Spock wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:A Trump supporter yells 'Go back to Puerto Rico!' at Dem rep. Turns out it was a GOP congressman.

Neither you, nor I, nor Occam know what was in his mind.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:57 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Spock wrote:

Calling that a "vacation" or "partying" is a gross misrepresentation.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/democ ... -shutdown/
Occam's Razor again-They were in Puerto Rico.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#6 Post by Estonut » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:38 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:

That's true. Why then, did you leave out the other side of the story and the context in which it may have been said?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Spock wrote: Occam's Razor again-They were in Puerto Rico.
Occam's Razor only if you don't read.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:I would have thought that as the self-designated Bored newshound-you would have realized that many congressional Democrats have been vacationing in Puerto Rico during the shutdown.

That's true. Why then, did you leave out the other side of the story and the context in which it may have been said?
What's the other side of the story?

flockofseagulls104

#9 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Neither you, nor I, nor Occam know what was in his mind.
What's the other side of the story?
Option 1: All GOP representatives are racist pigs.
Option 2: The dems went to Puerto Rico during the shutdown they are all so concerned about for 'work' (look up Bob Menendez's photo) and the GOP guy got fed up and told them to go back.

BJ, of course, would pick option 1.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton