Bob missed this one

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

Bob missed this one

#1 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 pm

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Bob missed this one

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:52 pm

BackInTex wrote:I'm sure he was just too consumed with the Super Wolf Blood Moon.

Court rules against Planned Parenthood in Texas ‘sting videos’ case, bringing it a step closer to getting defunded
I hadn’t seen it. It’s clear that the Fifth Circuit panel is bending over backward to give weight to a fraudulent video. Calling their reasoning “novel” is far too charitable. It’s a very clear case of judicial activism in an opinion written by a judge who’s auditioning as an anti-choice candidate for the next Supreme Court vacancy. I hope they seek en banc review. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:I'm sure he was just too consumed with the Super Wolf Blood Moon.

Court rules against Planned Parenthood in Texas ‘sting videos’ case, bringing it a step closer to getting defunded
I hadn’t seen it. It’s clear that the Fifth Circuit panel is bending over backward to give weight to a fraudulent video. Calling their reasoning “novel” is far too charitable. It’s a very clear case of judicial activism in an opinion written by a judge who’s auditioning as an anti-choice candidate for the next Supreme Court vacancy. I hope they seek en banc review. —Bob
judicial activism in an opinion written by a judge who’s auditioning as an anti-choice candidate
At least she actually viewed it instead of dismissing it sight unseen as fraudulent. (like you apparently have, ethical sir. What evidence do you have, other than opinion, that it is in any way fraudulent?) Justice is pictured with a blindfold. That doesn't mean being blind to evidence.

Not that I care either way, but people on that side of the issue prefer to be labeled pro-life, not anti-choice. Your choice of words betrays your animus and prejudice. God help us if you ever somehow become a judge. I suspect you would be below average in a judicial role. But there are many above-average, ethical people like you who somehow become judges and believe they rule instead of interpret. Then they get to wield power to enforce their innate moral superiority. ON BOTH SIDES.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:32 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

judicial activism in an opinion written by a judge who’s auditioning as an anti-choice candidate
At least he actually viewed it instead of dismissing it sight unseen as fraudulent. (like you apparently have, ethical sir. What evidence do you have, other than opinion, that it is in any way fraudulent?) Justice is pictured with a blindfold. That doesn't mean being blind to evidence.

Not that I care either way, but people on that side of the issue prefer to be labeled pro-life, not anti-choice. Your choice of words betrays your animus and prejudice. God help us if you ever somehow become a judge. I suspect you would be below average in a judicial role. But there are many above-average, ethical people like you who somehow become judges and believe they rule instead of interpret. Then they get to wield power to enforce their innate moral superiority. ON BOTH SIDES.
They prefer to call themselves pro-life because it falsely suggests that their opponents are anti-life. Just like Jerry Falwell's group liked to be called the "Moral Majority" to suggest that their opponents were immoral and in the minority, when neither was true. The description "anti-choice" is both accurate and precise and I will continue to use it.

The evidence I have that it's fraudulent is the multiple findings by trial judges, including the trial judge in this case, that it's fraudulent.

And when you say "[a]t least he actually viewed it," if you're referring to Judge Jones, who wrote the opinion for the Fifth Circuit, she's a woman. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson