It's unanimous

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

It's unanimous

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:27 pm

Mariano Rivera has just set one final record that will never be broken. Tied, perhaps, but never broken. Rivera was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame with 100% of the votes cast. There have been others who deserved that honor based on their on-the-field accomplishments but I can't say I'm sorry Rivera is the first one to achieve unanimity. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: It's unanimous

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Mariano Rivera has just set one final record that will never be broken. Tied, perhaps, but never broken. Rivera was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame with 100% of the votes cast. There have been others who deserved that honor based on their on-the-field accomplishments but I can't say I'm sorry Rivera is the first one to achieve unanimity. --Bob
I know that at least one sportswriter would turn in an empty ballot to protest Pete Rose not being in the Hall of Fame, and I'd guess there may have been others on similar obvious nominees in the past simply because they didn't want someone to be a unanimous pick. Ken Griffey Jr. received all but three votes when he was elected.

Edgar Martinez and Mike Mussina were also elected, along with Rivera and Halladay.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com