on yesterday's BAM (1/28/2019)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

on yesterday's BAM (1/28/2019)

#1 Post by earendel » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:11 pm

The audience contestant, Andrea, a Scottsdale, AZ, hair stylist, had this question.

What Biblical phrase refers NOT to an odd number of aquatic mammals but rather the symbolic closures that held the Book of Revelation shut?
A: three dolphins
B: five manatees
C: seven seals
D: nine otters

The question should have referred to a scroll, not the Biblical book; notwithstanding that, Andrea, who said she didn't know the answer, made
Spoiler
B
her final answer.
Spoiler
FIVE MANATEES??!!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: on yesterday's BAM (1/28/2019)

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:15 pm

I threw something at the tv in my head. Unreal
Well, then

bazodee

#3 Post by bazodee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:10 pm

It was an odd question to wrap your head around. Clearly we are all trained to make sure that we understand what is being asked (and then this becomes an easy easy question). Coming in cold out of the audience, she didn't take the time to dissect the question and probably felt under some pressure to blurt out something.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:43 pm

I got a sore throat from watching that and a couple of other questions.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:36 pm

When I saw this, I was still recovering from the previous contestant. Her $7K question was "How many letters of the alphabet are NOT found in the names of any of the 12 months?" To her credit, she thought of Z right away. But then she named all the months, recited the alphabet, named the months again, and couldn't figure out how to get the other letters. Finally she used the 50/50, which left 3 & 5, and guessed 3.

Some hosts would have quit after a show like that. I think Chris's Bachelor experience helped him cope.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:04 pm

jarnon wrote:When I saw this, I was still recovering from the previous contestant. Her $7K question was "How many letters of the alphabet are NOT found in the names of any of the 12 months?" To her credit, she thought of Z right away. But then she named all the months, recited the alphabet, named the months again, and couldn't figure out how to get the other letters. Finally she used the 50/50, which left 3 & 5, and guessed 3.

Some hosts would have quit after a show like that. I think Chris's Bachelor experience helped him cope.
This reminds me of a question about the number of rows of stars on the American flag.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:45 pm

earendel wrote:The audience contestant, Andrea, a Scottsdale, AZ, hair stylist, had this question.

What Biblical phrase refers NOT to an odd number of aquatic mammals but rather the symbolic closures that held the Book of Revelation shut?

The question should have referred to a scroll, not the Biblical book; notwithstanding that, Andrea, who said she didn't know the answer, made
Spoiler
B
her final answer.
Spoiler
FIVE MANATEES??!!
Today's Final Jeopardy has a similar theme.
20th CENTURY DISASTERS

ON THE RADIO IN 1937 THIS 3-WORD EXCLAMATION CAME AFTER "THE SMOKE AND THE FLAMES NOW...NOT QUITE TO THE MOORING MAST"
We should be hearing from a certain Merry Mammal soon.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

OhTheHumanity
Merry Man

#8 Post by OhTheHumanity » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm

jarnon wrote:
earendel wrote:The audience contestant, Andrea, a Scottsdale, AZ, hair stylist, had this question.

Spoiler
B
her final answer.
Spoiler
FIVE MANATEES??!!
Today's Final Jeopardy has a similar theme.
20th CENTURY DISASTERS

ON THE RADIO IN 1937 THIS 3-WORD EXCLAMATION CAME AFTER "THE SMOKE AND THE FLAMES NOW...NOT QUITE TO THE MOORING MAST"
We should be hearing from a certain Merry Mammal soon.

There is nothing merry about a copycat. And an ugly one at that...