Veterans Day and Election Day

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Veterans Day and Election Day

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Not people, Democrats. Democrats complain in other states, too. And the complaints are all the same. I'm paraphrasing but it's always "our voters are too stupid or lazy to get those free IDs". And yet, those voters being called stupid and lazy by the Democratic party still vote for them. Proving the Democratic Party correct.
Or they're too poor to take time off work and have someone drive them several counties away to get one of them. Or they're college students who don't realize until too late that Texas won't accept a college ID for voting purposes. --Bob
They are not too poor. Too lazy. They figure out how to get everything else done in their life. Yeah, you can probably find that one person, but then I'll offset it by my one fraud vote.

In the college kids case, too stupid or lazy, probably both.
There's that charity I've come to expect of people who consistently vote Republican notwithstanding what Donny has done to the party.

In any event, the Fifth Circuit disagreed with you. That's why it insisted on allowing people to vote if they sign an affidavit stating that it's impractical for them to get a compliant ID. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#27 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:26 pm

jarnon wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:In Colorado, we don't need a day off because as Bazodee notes we have all ballot-by-mail. We have folkses from New York coming to observe how great our system works. I wish we had folkses from Florida instead. Our County Clerk was grinding her teeth and tearing her hair out when the news reports were hitting about the mess down there. Me too! Aargh
You'd think they learned their lesson after the 2000 debacle, but no! I'm amazed that both the election supervisor and sheriff in Broward County were just removed for incompetence. Sounds like Philadelphia politics.
I know! If I could, I would lend our County Clerk and Secretary of State to Florida to help them, especially Broward County, develop an improved system.

Maybe Hick could go to Florida instead of running for President and help them out.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

BackInTex

#28 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Or they're too poor to take time off work and have someone drive them several counties away to get one of them. Or they're college students who don't realize until too late that Texas won't accept a college ID for voting purposes. --Bob
They are not too poor. Too lazy. They figure out how to get everything else done in their life. Yeah, you can probably find that one person, but then I'll offset it by my one fraud vote.

In the college kids case, too stupid or lazy, probably both.
There's that charity I've come to expect of people who consistently vote Republican notwithstanding what Donny has done to the party.

In any event, the Fifth Circuit disagreed with you. That's why it insisted on allowing people to vote if they sign an affidavit stating that it's impractical for them to get a compliant ID. --Bob
It's impractical = I'm lazy
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)