Monopoly game triggered fight, 1 needed stitches

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Monopoly game triggered fight, 1 needed stitches

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:43 pm

A family game night in Kansas seemingly went wrong when a violent argument broke out during a game of Monopoly, police said.

Investigators responded to a home in Kansas City late Friday, where a "victim got into an argument with his cousin during a game of Monopoly."

The cousin's girlfriend then hit the victim and "shoved him into a mirror," the Kansas City Police Department tweeted.

The suspect fled the home before officers arrived on the scene, and the victim "required stitches."
https://www.foxnews.com/us/monopoly-gam ... s-cops-say

There's no word on if the cousin's girlfriend used her Get Out of Jail Free card.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Monopoly game triggered fight, 1 needed stitches

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:26 pm

SteelersFan's family does not play Monopoly to this day. His brother in law got his very young son to let him land on YoungSon's properties rent-free. His other brother in law took exception, and I guess the resulting argument took up most of the day. BiL the first has passed on to his reward, and BiL the second is now divorced from SteelersFanSis. But still no Monopoly. Oh well, I guess I'd rather play euchre anyway.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:44 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:SteelersFan's family does not play Monopoly to this day. His brother in law got his very young son to let him land on YoungSon's properties rent-free. His other brother in law took exception, and I guess the resulting argument took up most of the day. BiL the first has passed on to his reward, and BiL the second is now divorced from SteelersFanSis. But still no Monopoly. Oh well, I guess I'd rather play euchre anyway.
I don't think I've ever played euchre. I have played cribbage, though. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:SteelersFan's family does not play Monopoly to this day. His brother in law got his very young son to let him land on YoungSon's properties rent-free. His other brother in law took exception, and I guess the resulting argument took up most of the day. BiL the first has passed on to his reward, and BiL the second is now divorced from SteelersFanSis. But still no Monopoly. Oh well, I guess I'd rather play euchre anyway.
I don't think I've ever played euchre. I have played cribbage, though. --Bob
Euchre is a Midwest game, if you count Pennsylvania as Midwest. :wink: It's big in Ohio,Iowa, etc. It grew in popularity in Colorado because of all those SteelerNation and Cheesehead transplants.

I thought cribbage was big everywhere, but we tried to buy a board in Alaska, and there was none to be found, even at the Walmart! So we're going to buy it at our Walmart and take it up.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller