WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:43 pm 

https://thesmokeofathousandcampfires.blogspot.com/

The juices are finally flowing on Smoke of the Sioux again and I promise a lot more will be coming there over the rest of the winter.

But, I wanted something else-where I could write about whatever I want.

For the title, I riffed on Patton’s
“Through a Glass Darkly” and let the idea flow free. Some might get a kick out of it.

As some here might remember, years ago, I tried a conservation approach called “Eye on the Land”-but as Aldo Leopold (I think) said something about -“being ecologically minded is to live alone in a world of wounds” and I figured that out pretty quick and it really sucked.

I thought about trying “The Smoke of the Land”-but that would be too limiting and the whole world of wounds thing again.

So I am trying something else. The “Smoke” empire (LOL) expanded with “The Smoke of a Thousand Campfires” with the name allowing me the freedom to chase the smoke wherever I want. A lot of conservation stuff-but wherever else the smoke leads to.

I have 3 posts up now.

The first one shows how I got the name of the blog, and the second one is “Ragged Edges of the Land” which is a topic that is near and dear to me and deserves a lot more thought and attention over time, but the juices have to start somewhere.

The 3rd one is a special time that I shared with my daughter