Miss Alexa comes to home school

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Lizbit
Four-Footer

Miss Alexa comes to home school

#1 Post by Lizbit » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:01 am

Miss Alexa from Amazon came to Wiki's home school today to be a special guest teacher. She taught Wiki a whole bunch about how other animals sound when they speak their native languages. Then Wiki looked up more information about the animals. I think she wants to go to a zoo now. I am not sure if the zoo people will let us in.

Anyway, among other things, Wiki learned how a wolf howls, a pig snorts, a squirrel chatters, a cat meows, a lion roars, and an elephant trumpets. Wiki thought the wolf sounded scariest, and she liked the elephant the best. She just couldn't figure out how Miss Alexa could keep a giant elephant in that little tube thingie where Miss Alexa lives.

BackInTex

Re: Miss Alexa comes to home school

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:04 am

That's pretty cool. My kids had Miss Alexa's grandmother teaching them growing up.

..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Ritterskoop

Re: Miss Alexa comes to home school

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 am

Miss Alexa is also sassy.

I asked her last week who she thought would win the Super Bowl, and she said it would probably be the Patriots, but that she was rooting for the Rams, because they represent the NFC West, the home division of her hometown Seattle Seahawks. She said she would be a 12th man for the Rams, which made me think she might not understand that would draw a flag, but it was a nice thought.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.