Lyrically Speaking - 2/8/19

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

Re: Lyrically Speaking - 2/8/19

#26 Post by AlphaDummy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:33 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
AD gets 3 JJC points for redacting the parenthetical, Ozzy and Phyllis...
I was going to mark 4 as "Bang A Dong", but I thought that was taking things too dog-gong far...
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

Earl the Squirrel

#27 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:44 am

Hotseat Or Bust! wrote: ILY, Fannie!!!!
Back atcha, Toots!!!1
littlebeast13 wrote:Earl gets the IBB for dirty Sweet.... no make that dirty The Sweet. I don't know if she saw my comment about her use of the extraneous THE in front of the band, but it cracked me up to see it on the album cover. Who in the hell do they think they are anyway?
Why do you think I persist in doing it? And, yay!

What's a Jeepster? I mean, I would assume it's a Jeep enthusiast but I don't get the context (although I'll happily take the JJC)...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#28 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:JJC Points:

Anon gets a supermax for Get It On Bang A Gong games..
Not to appear greedy, but I also mentioned the switched titles, mentioning, but refraining from actually typing in, the parenthesis, given your noted distaste for them.

Yes you did. Perhaps I can give you some future considerations (Or a PTBNL)....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#29 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:47 am

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Earl gets the IBB for dirty Sweet.... no make that dirty The Sweet. I don't know if she saw my comment about her use of the extraneous THE in front of the band, but it cracked me up to see it on the album cover. Who in the hell do they think they are anyway?

What's a Jeepster? I mean, I would assume it's a Jeep enthusiast but I don't get the context (although I'll happily take the JJC)...

It's a T Rex song that's become a semi-Mecca earworm (I'll bet they don't play that at KFC). Since you're so gaga over Marc Bolan (the band, right Vandal?), I decided to coin a term that will never stick...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Earl the Squirrel

#30 Post by Earl the Squirrel » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:57 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Earl the Squirrel wrote:

It's a T Rex song that's become a semi-Mecca earworm (I'll bet they don't play that at KFC). Since you're so gaga over Marc Bolan (the band, right Vandal?), I decided to coin a term that will never stick...

lb13
Oh, duh! Since I've been making comments about all of these songs in relation to driving, I thought you assumed that Mary Jean was a Jeep (she's a Blazer). And, yes, Mary Jean and I are still together after all these years....

jarnon

#31 Post by jarnon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote:jarnon gets a JJC point for a two fer, though we can't really tell if that coffee's actually cold...
I also can’t tell from the picture, but I suspect that the customer is flicking a cigarette as she enjoys her lemon pie and cold coffee. And I’ve never been to Moody’s Diner but it could be a grand café.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#32 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Earl the Squirrel wrote:
Spoiler
[quote="SportsFan68"][OK, that's all I can get.]
20. My coffee's cold

Oh, the humanity!!!1[/quote]

Ack! I just didn't hear it. :(

This is really a good song.

Yes, I'll find something else to bitch about . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller