On Tradition

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

On Tradition

#1 Post by Spock » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm

One of my favorite places to the internets has become a Twitter feed from Wrath of Gnon. I don't have a Twitter Feed, but I read a few feeds and I found this one through link following. It took me a while to get him, and a lot of his stuff is over my head, but if nothing else there are great pictures.

Best way to describe is he is an Architectural-based Traditionalist who values the old folkways. He has some good stuff posted in the last few days. Most here should enjoy his posts on 17th Century Dutch bookstores just a few posts from the top.

https://twitter.com/wrathofgnon

Mindful of the discussion we had here on Tradition a few days ago, this one seems timely.

>>"Traditions are answers that have been discovered to enduring questions.”
— Sir Roger Scruton<<

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: On Tradition

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 pm

Spock wrote:One of my favorite places to the internets has become a Twitter feed from Wrath of Gnon. I don't have a Twitter Feed, but I read a few feeds and I found this one through link following. It took me a while to get him, and a lot of his stuff is over my head, but if nothing else there are great pictures.

Best way to describe is he is an Architectural-based Traditionalist who values the old folkways. He has some good stuff posted in the last few days. Most here should enjoy his posts on 17th Century Dutch bookstores just a few posts from the top.

Mindful of the discussion we had here on Tradition a few days ago, this one seems timely.

— Sir Roger Scruton<<
Given the pace of change in our world, I strongly doubt that many remaining questions qualify as "enduring." --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Spock wrote:I don't have a Twitter Feed
You need to get a Twitter feed and follow Silver Screen Videos.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:One of my favorite places to the internets has become a Twitter feed from Wrath of Gnon. I don't have a Twitter Feed, but I read a few feeds and I found this one through link following. It took me a while to get him, and a lot of his stuff is over my head, but if nothing else there are great pictures.

— Sir Roger Scruton<<
Given the pace of change in our world, I strongly doubt that many remaining questions qualify as "enduring." --Bob
That's a very sad and rather nihilistic, or uninformed, perhaps,statement. The older I get plus c'est la meme. There is superficial change but questions remain the same.
Well, then

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:32 pm

I am more or less progressive, and love to try new things, and willing to change laws and whatnot.

But I love baseball, which is all about doing a slow thing the same way we did it a hundred years ago.

So yeah, we all have inconsistencies.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:05 am

Ritterskoop wrote:I am more or less progressive, and love to try new things, and willing to change laws and whatnot.

But I love baseball, which is all about doing a slow thing the same way we did it a hundred years ago.

When Edgar Martinez is inducted into the Hall of Fame, he may disagree with you about this. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:17 am

Ritterskoop wrote:I am more or less progressive, and love to try new things, and willing to change laws and whatnot.

I am very conservative, but I love to try new things, and willing to change laws and whatnot.

And I love baseball, which is all about doing a slow thing the same way we did it a hundred years ago.

So yeah, we all have commonalities. :D
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson